Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Anyone use Pine Straw mulch for high traffic areas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Anyone use Pine Straw mulch for high traffic areas Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  10:24:33 AM  Show Profile
My dogs have this lovely little path that they take smack down through the middle of the yard, and with the weather this spring, I've had nothing but mud. Over the years, I've tried gravel and bark mulches, but they scatter and don't stay put because there is a slight grade down hill.

My mil has a huge pine tree in the front of her yard that has dropped a lovely soft bed of needles over the years, and it looks pretty, too. I called a local nursery and he said that, for what I wanted to do, it was the right stuff and it's $6.50 a bundle, which would cover about a 3 to 5 ft. wide space, about 12 feet, depending.

Anyone else use this stuff? Opinions are welcome!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  08:42:55 AM  Show Profile
I use pine straw here in Mississippi and that's about the going rate here as well. It drains well and does look good in flower beds that get run off from the house. It does help cut down on mud but with 6 kids there is no rest for the weary!

It all comes back to the ground!

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Anyone use Pine Straw mulch for high traffic areas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page