Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Knee surgery tomorrow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Knee surgery tomorrow Next Topic
Page: of 2

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  04:46:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning- I would like to ask for some prayers for knee surgery that is scheduled for tomorrow. I tore my meniscus late last summer and it needs to be fixed tomorrow. I certainly would appreciate some prayers. A few years ago, I had my gallbladder removed and developed a PE- surgery scares the daylight out of me now. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  06:51:13 AM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent to you, Lori. I will be thinking of you and praying for a fast recovery with no problems. Please keep us posted.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  09:05:20 AM  Show Profile
Lori, you will indeed be in my prayers all day tomorrow. Keep us posted. Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  10:36:34 AM  Show Profile
Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how you are doing.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  12:22:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you dear friends- I just got word from the surgical center that surgery will be between 2:30 and 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. I have my Natalie and my cousin going with me. My mom will stay home to take care of the dogs since we will be gone for a lot of the day. And my mom doesn't care to drive outside of Fort Atkinson. Thank you for the prayers!!
I can't wait for it feel better!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  5:34:42 PM  Show Profile
home from surgery- things went pretty good...the surgeon stated that I have to be gentle with my knee or it will be a replacement before long.

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  7:10:51 PM  Show Profile
So, so, so happy to hear that my Friend is home and that things went good! Amen on that! If I were you, Lori, I would not be shaking those pom-poms. That sissy action could cause knee replacement sooner than you think! Just remember I told you so, I am warning you. LOL I'll say a thank you prayer for you tonight. Hugs. Hugs. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  11:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Well it is so good to hear that the surgery went well, You will be back to normal in no time.

I had both of my knees replaced and am doing pretty good and am happy I did it.
I will be praying for a speedy recovery for you.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  05:31:56 AM  Show Profile
Lori,

I'm so glad that things went well and that you are home. Hope you are feeling completely better soon!

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  08:06:05 AM  Show Profile
happy to hear your on the mend.

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  09:03:13 AM  Show Profile
i am soooo sorry that i didn't see this before.....glad to know you are home and on the mend!!! hugs and prayers!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  5:21:29 PM  Show Profile
Okay! I'm a little concerned about Lori! No posting today? I'll be really worried by tomorrow. I'll just have to make a phone call!!!!! Hope you are feeling better, Lori. Keep us posted.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  7:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Lori,
Been there, done that. You need lots of hugs and spoiling friend.
I will keep you in my prayers and ask God to lift any pain you may be experiencing. Take it slow and easy. It will get better and after it is healed you will be glad you saw it through.

Sending lots and lots of hugs and get well wishes.

Debbie H
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  7:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lori
I hope all is well with your knee, waiting to hear..
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for the prayers- I think today has been the hardest- most pain so far and very dizzy. Keeping ice on it because it is very swollen- and no pom poms for me for a bit!! And that is harder than the pain. I go back to work on Monday for half a day and then for some PT. The Lovanox shots are going well-just 6 more shots than done with that for now and praying that they do the job they are suppose. Thank you again for your prayers- I can feel them!!

Love to all of you!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  12:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Lori, wish I could be there to help you or cook for you or just make you laugh. Take care of yourself my dear sweet friend.
Hugs.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  7:17:08 PM  Show Profile
Lori,

Aw, bless your little sweet heart. I wish I could take your pain away. Even though I cannot, I know a man that can. He is my Heavenly Father. I will continue to pray for a quick healing. Are you sure you will be up to going back to work on Monday? That sure seems way to soon.

Sending more hugs than you can carry in a wheel barrow, twice as many smiles, and lots of good old fashion prayers and prayerful thoughts.

Love to you dear farmsister,

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  9:38:02 PM  Show Profile
I am glad you are doing ok with the pain and all, but be careful with that dizzyness. Make sure you have something to hold on to when you walk. Is it because of the medicine your dizzy? My prayers are there with you. Do you have help, I hope so because you'll need it for a while.
Take care
Blessings.
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  06:17:24 AM  Show Profile
Feeling a bit better today- still very dizzy- not sure that might just be my normal self shining thru! :)
Today Natalie and I will be out and about for a bit- we need to finish a little shopping for her trip to Florida in a week..she will do the driving and I will give the money! :) Thank you for the continued prayers!!

Lori

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  09:19:54 AM  Show Profile
Have a great shopping day, but take it easy. Natalie must be so excited about her up coming trip!!!!! Hugs to both of you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  1:34:55 PM  Show Profile
Lori,
Prayers sent that you are feeling good. I did not see this post as I have been so busy shaking my Pom poms here in Arizona with CJ and Robin!
Feel good!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  6:30:23 PM  Show Profile
Lori I hope you had a good day shopping, it helps just to get out and see the world after the surgery, I hope you didn't wear yourself out.

Laurie, I hope you all took pictures of you, CJ and Robin with your pom poms. This I gotta see. Take care

hugs and blessings
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  4:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Well, I went to PT today and Ryan just about put me in a pretzel move, twisting and bending and pulling and making me use the stairs- things are going well..very sore after PT. My tummy is looking like the little dipper with the bruises from my Lovanox...no complaining here- please no blood clots- I'll take bruises any day and giving shot to myself isn't too bad.

Lori

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  6:08:00 PM  Show Profile
Lori,

Just checking in to see how you are doing? How is the dizziness?
I hope you are better. Being dizzy is no fun. Sending big hugs and asking God to heal you. When you said you felt like you were be twisted like a pretzel, ohhhhh, that made me hurt for you.

Hang in there and remember to not over do.

Love ya,
Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  6:51:10 PM  Show Profile
Take care there Lori when I had to have physical therapy they really hurt but the therapist told me if I worked hard at home they wouldn't do that again, I did and they didn't do that any more.
all is good. Blessings to you that you feel good soon.
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2013 :  7:16:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Lori, I just saw this..at least I can pray that you continue to mend well. Good grief..I have to stay in contact more often. Try to baby yourself just a little.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Knee surgery tomorrow Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page