Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Eating Indian Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  5:41:20 PM  Show Profile
I ate at an Indian restaurant tonight and the food was great. I can't remember what it was called--chicken tikka?--or something like that--and it was delish. You can choose the level of spiciness you want so I went with medium. I've been reading how certain herbs and spices can promote good digestion and relieve inflammation. Plus food just tastes better when it's properly spiced. And it wasn't at all expensive. I hope they stay in business. I saw today where a store I liked to shop had closed. Please remember to shop local.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  8:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Love, love Indian. we get takeaway at least once a week. My husband likes lamb curry, but I'll eat anything. Don't forget the garlic nan!!!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  10:03:29 PM  Show Profile
We have several indian restaurants here. One of my favorites as a lunch time buffet which is what we usually choose to get. The kids up to 7 years old are FREE! (pretty old to be free!) My girls favorite is also the tiki chicken. My favorites are the beef kebobs (ground meat like meatloaf kind of) with a yogurt sauce, and the chicken Marsala. I like a lot of the side dishes-veggies! And of course hummus. And dessert, oh my dessert. Ours has a staple dessert, always the rice vermicilli (thin rice noodles) in coconut milk with cardmon, and either a sweet carrot purre with cardamon and like spices as well, or a creamy wheat (kind of like cream of wheat) also spiced nicely and sweet! Either the carrots or the creamy wheat is good with the rice vermicilli with coconut milk poured on top, and with the fried naan on the side. Best, dessert ever!

Ours is just so reasonably priced, and chia (a sweet/spicy/milk tea) comes with the buffet.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  10:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
a good friend took me to an Indian Buffet for my b'day. the host heard me say i had never eaten Indian food, and made sure that i knew what i was eating, sseasoning, etc.
i loved the Masala tea. and the food was wonderful, you could have it seasoned to any level.
She is talking about taking me to the Mediterranean restauarant next.

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  1:38:13 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE mediterranean as well. We have one here that is awesome!

As for the indian buffet, we only have a few around here. And I've heard the others are not as good as the one I go to. But, they also are very very good about explaining every thing to new people.

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  1:54:40 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking about the food that we get when we eat out and it's really all ethnic. We eat Mediterranean, Greek, Italian, Thai, Jordanian, Indian, "real" Mexican (not the tex mex stuff or americanized mex that most folks love around here), polish and even German. That's the one thing I like about living near a larger city!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  2:36:31 PM  Show Profile
Same here Jonni, sometimes though we do just have American! lol But, mainly ethnic. Our few american things are local dives. Like there's a burger place called Nu-Way, they specialize in a midwest loose meat sandwich, but their real star is their home made, made fresh daily rootbeer. But, also the home made onion rings are awesome. (so many make frozen ones now!). And then for our anniversary on Saturday we are going to a amish restaurant-straight American food, but the best in the world! We'll be having fried chicken-no one has better then this place. a fresh salad. fresh home made bread. And yummy veggies-green beans, carrots, home made mashed taters (not from a box!) and the yummiest white gravy ever! For dessert we will have their awesome tollhouse pie-think butterchess, meets pecan, meets a tollhouse cookie pie! lol haha It's a splurge we only do about once a year and it is truly American. But, it is one meal I really can't improve upon. I mean they make it better then any one I know! But, other then that I can do our own american food just fine at home, so a huge reason why we mainly eat ethnic out to eat. Oh I can do some Indian inspired food at home, and do...but I can't do every thing they have at the indian restaurant. Today we are having a coconut curry chicken, it's my own recipe I made up...never seen it in a restaurant! lol haha But, I consider it indian cause of the lentils, curry, coconut milk, etc. I also don't eat mexican out much at all...I'm mexican and I can make my own much better. I'm not italian but pretty much with exception to one REAL italian place down the road (the man is new here to the USA and is from Italy) most of them are icky, compared to mine. His is authentic though and out of this world....not Olive Garden by a long shot (OG is way over priced, and their food is underwhelming to say the least.).

In quality I have found out meditarenean and indian restaurants I go to around here are way higher quality then the other stuff. (with exception to the amish, and the one real italian restaurant)

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2894 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2894 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  3:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Heather, you are making me hungry

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.

Edited by - nubidane on Mar 20 2013 3:31:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Eating Indian Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page