Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Bio-Identical Hormones
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Bio-Identical Hormones Next Topic  

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  6:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Anyone tried bio-identical hormones?

http://www.karencecilsmith.com/

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  7:39:59 PM  Show Profile

Karen,

I am very interested in learning more about them. Unsure if you have heard her speak of them...but Suzanne Somers lives by them. She is so healthy and looks beautiful to be 66 years old. She has also had cancer before and authored a book, called "Ageless"...The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones, as well as other books. I love to watch her anytime she is on TV. She is more knowledgeable about this subject than anyone I have read about. If I ever have to use hormones it will be the natural kind.

If you have any information about them or have tried them...I would like to know...

Hugs,

Judy

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  05:13:35 AM  Show Profile
Karen, I haven't gotten there quite yet, but am increasing speed and coming around the bend... Woo hoo, right? LOL! I have a girlfriend who SWEARS by bio-identical hormones - they completely transformed her life for the better! The only thing was that they were not covered under insurance, and they are extremely costly out-of-pocket. Personally, when I get there, I'll figure out how to fanagle them into my budget, though. The change in her - inside and out - once she was on them was amazing. She felt good; she looked good; her concentration and "stability," for lack of a better term, drastically improved; she was able to sleep; no more hot flashes, no more sweats, no more mood swings... no more misery! I did start reading Suzanne Somers a bit, too, and found her insights to be very encouraging. I would definitely look into it in more depth, that's for sure! :) I wish you all the best! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  1:32:11 PM  Show Profile
The only negative about Suzanne Somers take on bio-identicals is that she has her period. Maybe she's taking too powerful a dose??? Also, I think she gives herself human growth hormone shots and I'm definitely afraid of those. If a woman still has all her "parts," and takes estrogen, she must take progestin/progestrone. So, that would be a big concern for me. I believe progestrone (through the bio-identical compounding) is natural and progestin is synthetic. My doctor told me the estrogen now available through prescription is natural (not Premarin which is from pregnant mares -- horror!!! Un-humane treatment of those horses!!!) I am going to search out some of the natural doctors in my area who prescribe bio-identicals and see if I can get my estrogen levels checked. Will post whenever I find out more and please, if anyone has more info, be sure to post.

Thanks!

Karen

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  6:48:07 PM  Show Profile
My sister works at the Women's Health Pharmacy lab where these are made! Their customers include Suzanne Somers and Jane Fonda! My sister knows all about them and swears by them. I will see if I can get more information from her.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  09:39:38 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Diane. My doctor wrote a prescription for Estradiol/Norethin (low dose). She has been on it for 10 years. I took two pills, then got scared after checking on all the bad side effects. The doctor said that the Estradiol was "natural." I know that progestin is bad (that's the Norethin). I decided last night not to take any more. I am on the search for a reputable bio-identical doctor in my area. Strangely, the majority of physicians in my area who prescribe them are either dermatologists or plastic surgeons. Any info you can provide from your sister would be greatly appreciated!

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  11:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Bella,
Have you ever checked for herbal relief? There are a lot of great websites out there. I think black cohosh is one natural menopause relief herb.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Bio-Identical Hormones Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page