mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  7:32:32 PM  Show Profile
Every day on the news and in the paper we hear about what's going on in our Amish community. Apparently, one of the news media women decided to dress up like an Amish woman. She wanted to get inside the house of a family and even had an apple pie in her hands to deliver. Guess what gave her away when a police officer stopped her? She had on an Amish dress, hair pulled back, cap,,the whole bit. She had on a brown dress. All the women here wear black! How pathetic is that? Also, there was a picture of where the school house was. If you didn't know it had been there you would just think it was farmland. The five little girls are all still hanging on and we Praise God for that! Mrs. Roberts had a statement in the daily paper thanking everyone for their kindesses and forgiveness. There was also a big write up about how this terrible tragedy has taught the entire world the meaning of compassion and forgiveness from these people. Maybe before someone flies off the handle now they'll remember what it means to be humble and quiet. I am just so blessed to have my Amish neighbors! I'm just "plain" blessed! Susan

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  7:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
thank you for the post take care and give your neighbors my love.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  3:02:42 PM  Show Profile
Honestly, where has the sense of decency gone? I sure hope this desperate totally unconsiderate news reporter received some kind of severe reprimand on top of being arrested. I just couldn't believe what I was reading! I suppose this is a wonderful lesson to us all.. The media simply gives "us" what they think we want to see and know based on what we buy.. We have such power in what we choose to buy or ignore..Thanks again for this update..
Many smiles and warm regards,
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  4:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
That is just horrible. Add that to the list of reasons that I never watch the news and rarely listen to the radio.

Glad to hear the girls are still hanging in there. I pray that the best will happen for them.

Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  04:54:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh gosh, how incredibly disrespectful! Shame on her! And good for the cop who had the sense to know his neighbors well enough to figure out when something was amiss!

My prayers continue to go up for this community. What a tragedy.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  6:26:37 PM  Show Profile
reporters are really becoming pathetic. She deserved to get arrested, how dare she!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  08:57:01 AM  Show Profile
With the incredible amount of money that has poured in from literally all over the world to help the Amish with expenses and with building a new school, something has happened to the Amish that is truly amazing for me to see. They never take anything from Englischers. Period. But several of the Bishops have said how overwhelmed they are with this ourpouring of love and it has truly humbled them to the point of accepting graciously the moneys that have been sent their way. See what happens when grace takes over? They forgave the Roberts man the same day he took their own. Unselfishly and without expecting anything in return. What a lesson they have been to the world. And the world has taught them to be even more humble than they already are by accepting what those of us can share to try to rectify their world. The Roberts family has also had an outpouring of gifts and love from total strangers. There's a movie I just love and it's called "Pay it Forward." Wouldn't it be wonderful if we just helped those who needed it and never expected anything back? Just pay it forward when you can...because you'll be the one who is truly blessed! I haven't heard anything more about the girls. Keep praying for all of them....all the families...all the time. And, thank you all for caring enough to let me share the news with you. Love and blessings, Susan
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  1:23:08 PM  Show Profile
Thank you more than you can ever know for sharing these stories. A true blessing to me!! ((HUGS))

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  10:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
yes, i agree it has been a real blessing to have susan keep us updated on what is going on there. thanks so much for taking the time to pass on the information, susan.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  6:06:44 PM  Show Profile
Guess what? One of the little girls came home to finish her recuperation! She is doing better. That's all they said. And, they said the other four were still in the hospital but were stable. What a blessing it must be for that family to have their little girl home again with them. Keep praying that the four other ones get to come home soon. They've been separated from their brothers and sisters for way too long! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  8:41:09 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful news!! Thanks for letting us know Susan.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  8:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh AMEN!!!!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  11:18:27 AM  Show Profile
So happy to hear the little girl is improving and hope they others do as well.Thanks for keeping us updated

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun.
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  1:24:17 PM  Show Profile
Susan, how can we thank you for keeping us in the loop on this topic? I am so glad for the families involved and love reading your posts! I hope they can all come home and live good lives and let God bring good from this evil. Thank you!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

ILoveBaskets14
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Stefanie
Cross Lanes WV
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  7:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ILoveBaskets14's MSN Messenger address
I couldn't stop watching about that story. I broke my heart and at the same time touched my heart. My thoughts and prayers go out for them. Thats awful that someone would try and get in there while any family wouldnt want to deal with someone doinf that. Im so glad that the other girls are hanging in there. Please keep a posting :)

Baskets of Blessings.
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Amish update Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page