Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 HomeSafeHome
 Mr. Roberts Funeral Today........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Mr. Roberts Funeral Today........ Next Topic  

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  7:32:40 PM  Show Profile
Today was Mr. Roberts funeral. There were approximately 150 people that attended. Half of those were Amish. This doesn't surprise me in the least! Marie Roberts and her children just couldn't get over it. But lets face it, the children and her had nothing to do with this...and the Amish recognize that fact.

One of the little girls is in grave condition in one of the hospitals. But, as we saw the miracle happen with the little girl they sent home to die, nothing is impossible.

I was told that one of the Elders told them that there is always something to be thankful for. I'm thankful for those of you that have let me ramble on and cry as I have been typing. I thank you , too, for sending monitary gifts to help defray these hospital costs. If it's okay I will keep you all updated on the five remaining girls who are fighting to live. I'm thankful, also, for your continued prayers for them and for the Roberts family. Love to you all, Susan

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  10:46:09 PM  Show Profile
I appreciate hearing from you. And not hearing what the media has to say.It is so hard to believe that this could even happen. My heart goes out to all of them

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun.
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  10:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
Please keep us updated on the Amish girls and how they are doing
thanks
shirley
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  12:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Susan, I am so grateful for your contribution here. I have so much admiration for the example these Amish folks are setting for the rest of us. I have been thinking about them an awful lot...people actually living what they believe...What a completely refreshing idea in this world riddled with so much of the opposite. Please keep us posted...having an insider who is not motivated by sensationalism and media in general is wonderful. I also greatly appreciate the processing you are undergoing particularly since this happened in your back yard. Bless you and blessings to your entire community.
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  05:18:06 AM  Show Profile
Susan, please keep us posted. I went to sleep last night thinking about them & the love & forgivness these peole have. I want to know how each one is doing & thanks for being our inside person into this.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  05:34:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the update. I wish we all could hear about this kind of stuff on TV. I think it would be great for society to know that we do have some truly great people in our country. The Amish showing up at the funeral is amazing. I am thankful for their hearts and admire them.

lilpunkin
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  1:16:23 PM  Show Profile
Susan, please do keep us updated about the girls. The input we get from you is totally unlike the media's, and is very uplifting.
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  7:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Susan,,
Many, many thanks for sharing the updates. It helps me to know what to pray and to be thankful to God for the love , forgiveness and miracle healings going on. Just amazing. Thank you and please continue to update when you can.

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  11:19:47 AM  Show Profile
We are assuming that no news is good news. The little girl who is in grave condition is just hanging on for dear life. I was told that they thought she would pass away days ago. So keep praying that she gets stronger and stronger along with the other four. Thank you all for caring for and about these little girls, their families, and the Roberts family. Love and blessings to you all. Susan
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  7:34:31 PM  Show Profile
Susan ,thank you for caring about these families and the little girls. We are thankful to have you amoung us.
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  8:57:00 PM  Show Profile
Susan, I feel a sense of privelege to be allowed a glimpse into their lives. They are an amazing group of people.
Prayers continued for strength of that little girl and the others.

Tracey,
mama to Callum 13, Katie 8, Wil 5.5, Benjamin 3 and Andrew 6 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Mr. Roberts Funeral Today........ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page