Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  07:01:48 AM  Show Profile
Yay! SO glad it's working for you and you're enjoying it, Linda! Sounds like it still has a nice selection for you to enjoy! That's wonderful! How is your antenna working out for you??? It really does depend on your location.

I can't tell you how much we've been enjoying exploring all that our Roku has to offer! We just got PBS, too, Heather - LOVE it! And my husband discovered the Pandora channel last weekend. It's the first thing he puts on to relax to when he gets home after work! The two channels that they watch most often are Amazon Prime and Netflix. We also watch METV nightly to get our daily dose of MASH after the local news. Just sooo happy with it all. Heather, I can't thank you and the girls enough for all your input and insight - you really have helped so much! Thank you!

Hugs-

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  7:05:42 PM  Show Profile
Agree Nini! Excited to turn the box back to cable and can't wait for Roku! Have to play with antenna types. Need a digital converter with the antenna. Haven't got that yet. Meantime our streamer we do have is sooo awesome, even tho a simple one with the basic popular apps. But does enough to let us know we will be ok without expensive cable !!
Had the gkids over and even they are fine enjoying their fave shows via Netflix!

Blessings ,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  07:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
I have had the roku lt for about 2 years now, really thinking about getting the roku 3 as I love the idea of the headphone jack in the remote! I would just move the roku lt to my bedroom and use the roku 3 here in the main room. We will never go back to satellite or cable, we have been free of that bill for over 2 years now. You can also do redbox instant on playon, they are offering it for $8 a month plus 4 free rentals. I have had it for a few months but don't seem to watch it much so I think I will cancel that one.

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!

http://homesteddinmomsworld.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EllaRow
True Blue Farmgirl

64 Posts

Chantelle
Nevis MN
USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  12:41:01 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like a really nice device. I looked it up and think I will have to talk to the hubbie. We can't afford local cable and he is always saying we need more then the two freebie channels that our tv can get (which are the local ones). A one time purchase for access to a bunch of free stations with options to buy the other stuff if we really want it sounds nice. Some of the fees I saw on the site for examples (1.99 for this or 2.99 for that) are still cheaper then renting a movie in our local area. Plus we already subscribe to netflix so it would give us another way to access it. Thanks for the info peeps!

Soaking in wisdom as the showers fall
https://www.facebook.com/CavemanWoodworkingAndCrafts
https://www.facebook.com/RowlandComputersPlus
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  1:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Chantelle , I'm sure you won't regret it!!

Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  1:54:29 PM  Show Profile
We have a Roku and I do like it - but I do have trouble with it freezing up and the remote doesn't seem as responsive as with the satellite...it is a like/dislike relationship.....

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  2:14:33 PM  Show Profile
I purchased one and so far really like it. It's important that you have a good internet connection, wireless or hard wired. I upped my DSL speed and I have had no glitches even when someone else in the house is using a computer. My daughter is a little upset with me for getting rid of cable but it really makes sense when you don't watch TV all the time. Why pay outrageous prices for something you do not watch all the time!

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/
http://littlehouseonthebumper.blogspot.com/ (My "glamper" page)

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do You Have A Roku? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page