Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Ladies' Vintage Photo Swap Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Ladies' Vintage Photo Swap Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 3

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  06:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Emily and Kammi,

Just checking in to see if you received your vintage photos? The Post office said they have been delivered. But I worry until I know for sure. Please let me know. Hope both of you are having a wonderful week. It is cold and snow here. However it is suppose to warm up to around 40 degrees today. We just had 11.5 inches of snow dumped on us on Sunday and Monday morning.

Please send me some warm weather and lots of sunshine if you have any to spare. LOL!

Hugs and Blessings!

Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2013 :  7:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie:

I just got home from vacation and your lovely package was waiting for me. I really enjoyed your photos and the stories of your mom, grandmother and great-grandmother. I will ask everyone to look at Connie's posted photos, because they turned out better than mine! I especially liked the photo of your grandmother with her doll. And you must be the baby in the photos of your lovely mom.

My husband "helped" eat the dark chocolate bar, the tea has been enjoyed by me and my daughter, and I love the crocheted red heart. It is so pretty and so perfect for this heart wellness swap.

I hope you received my photos too.

Thanks again for a great swap!

Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  5:10:50 PM  Show Profile
I owe my partners Debbie and Linda the biggest apology. I have been such a flake on this swap. I am so incredibly sorry!

I posted that I received Linda's photos, but never posted a picture, soooo......

This is Linda's mother, Margret Edmond and a friend. Margret's mother died when she was 11, leaving her to care for her little brother and sister. her dad was a lawyer in Oregon. He died when she was 16.

This is Linda's great grandmother, Grace Gwynn. She was from Salem, Oregon and died in 1937. She had 2 sons. Linda's mom called her Marmie and said she was very strict!

I love this photo-a glamorous lady standing by an older car, and I love how she is putting on her lipstick! This is another picture of Linda's mom. She had 5 daughters. Linda says she was very wonderful and creative. Margret passed away in 2010. I'm sorry you miss her, Linda. I bet she was a wonderful lady. I am so glad you have this great picture to remember her by!

These are the photos Debbie sent:

This is Nora Maude Ritchie, or as they liked to call her...Aunt Maude. She was a dear lady who attended Debbie's church. Nora liked to make people laugh and often talked about her pantaloons getting caught up in a bind. Lol! Everywhere she went, she always wore her pearl necklace that her husband gave to her for their 50th wedding anniversary. (You can see in the picture that Debbie put a pearl necklace on her!) Debbie says she was the best hugger and called Debbie "babykins!"

This is Stella Flick. Debbie says that "This dear sweet soul was my beloved maternal great-grandmother." (what a beautiful way to refer to someone!) All who knew her called Stella "Mom Flick." She worked hard on the farm that she and her husband owned and they had 8 children. She was a devout Christian who loved to read the book of Matthew and her favorite hymn was "Amazing Grace." A true farmgirl, she always wore her apron except to church because she wanted to look good for the Lord. She treasure her eye glasses (Debbie gave her a a pair of sparkly glasses and a pretty lace collar!) and she was thankful for everything she was blessed to have.

Thank you, Linda and Debbie, for sharing the pictures and stories of these lovely ladies! I throughly enjoyed reading about them!

Sorry, again, for being such a flake. Your pictures were sent out a couple of days ago!

Emily

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  5:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Debbie,

I hope your warmer weather has come to melt some of the snow away!

To everyone.....I was just getting caught up on Mary Janes and I've enjoyed seeing all of the picures and reading about these lovely ladies! What a great swap!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  5:50:23 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, thank you so much for hosting this swap. It was wonderfull. All the pictures are fabulous to look at.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2013 :  6:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Marcie,
I received the beautiful ladies in the mail today . . thank you! If you'd like I can take pics and post them.
Thank you so much!
CJ

P.S. Hope your foot is healing!

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

alissa
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

alissa
mcalester Oklahoma
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  07:45:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies I am back from staying with my sister. she had a few rough mornings as her hair is starting to fall out, she cut it short beore I left. I receivd my photos. this was a great swap, thanks patsy. here are my photos well I guess it would help if you could see them lets try this again. the top photos on the left is from Marcie (island girl) the photo of the lady with the big hat was given to Marcie from a freind and they do not know who she is, someone from the family. the other lady is Marcie grandmother Lucille. she was born in the 1900's during the Galveston ,Texas flood. the other photos are from Patsy, the lady with the hat and is Ella unknown lady picture taken in 1882 found in a box of old family photos. Francis is the other lady 1886-1929. she also sent the card an tea. thank you both for lovely photos

Edited by - alissa on Apr 01 2013 07:56:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  10:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Tiana,

I am so glad you liked the pictures. Thank you for your compliment of being crafty. Since I am still job hunting since we moved here, I don't have much else to do!!!

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  10:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Margo,

I hope you received your photos and enjoyed them.

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  1:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I love seeing all these beautiful ladies in these beautiful photos and the way you girls have "dressed" them up.
Thanks Patsy for a unique and sweet swap!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  2:34:47 PM  Show Profile

My husband's mother and sister. The year was about 1936.

Thank you for all the compliments and help on my first MJF hosting swap. I really enjoyed it. Everyone did such beautiful creations on the ladies photographs. The stories just made the photos stand out that much more. If you have not received pictures or a comment from your partners please email me. I know that life sometimes gets in the way of fun. Maybe we can do this swap again next year. It might be fun if we look for Vintage ladies photos in our traveling around this summer.
Hugs to all. Be looking for you on the MJF forums.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2013 :  7:04:11 PM  Show Profile
Emily Anna,

Just a quick note to let you know that I received your photo's.
Thank you so much! The word beautiful does not begin to describe them. I will post pictures tomorrow to share with the farmsisters. They will love looking at them. So Precious! Beautiful ladies!!!

Hugs friend!
Debbie H.
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  09:39:48 AM  Show Profile
portia..i DID receive and love them

gals- i have been swamped at work and exhausted by the time iget home- i am working on my photos-

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  6:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Patsy this was a fun thoughtfull swap. Thank you for posting this. Yes, I for sure will look for photos this year for next year. :)

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  3:18:29 PM  Show Profile
I did not sign up for this swap so I really appreciate all of you that have posted pictures and stories of these women. It so touches my heart. Just think, maybe sometime a hundred years from not someone will post a picture of us and tell something of our story. I have absolutely LOVED this swap. Thanks Patsy for hosting and thanks to all of you for sharing. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

lindagwynn
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Linda
Deming Wa.
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  10:54:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello Emily, I got your wonderful pictures yesterday. They are very nice and you did a lovely job presenting them. The picture in the middle is Emily's mother, Sarah Anne (Grove) Heussner. She was born and raised in Il. She met her husband through letters while he and her uncle were in Vietnam. They married and moved to Wisconsin. She is Emily'S best friend and her house was always the place to go to be welcomed and treated kindly. The top left is Hilma Amanda (Anderburg) Collins Sept 1880-1935. She was a teacher and had 4 children and she is Emily's maternal great grandmother.
The picture on the upper right is Maud Mariella (Collins) Grove. She was Emily's maternal grandma. She had 4 children. Emily's mom was the youngest. She was a Home Economics teacher in Mt Carroll, Il. She had a great sense of humor and strong opinions. She made birthdays very special.
Thank you Emily for sharing with me.

With lots of hugs and smiles, have a great day.
" Your body knows how to heal itself; just give it the right tools."
Farmgirl#3864
Linda
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  10:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Here are the lovely ladies photos I received.

The first two are from Marcie Gilley.

Marcie's grandmother, Lucille

Unknown lady. Marcie just really liked her hat and fur! I do too!

These are from Sherry Buck.

Sherry's great grandmother, Jane Ingraham

Sherry's mother, Dorothy Ingraham

Thank you girls for these beautiful photos of these beautiful ladies and the information about them.

Thanks, Patsy, for hosting!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  6:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
Margo ..don't give up on me...I am still in the process..I live so far from a city to get what I want...but things are looking up...I might get finished this weekend..I might get to the city....Love all the pictures girls...what fun...the ladies had no idea they would be celebrated soo many years later....awesome..!

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  9:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
Margo...just wondering...You should have received my photos..Sheila got her package and it was mailed the same time I mailed yours...I was so glad I finally got all my swaps mailed out!! Blessings Shirl..

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2013 :  04:22:16 AM  Show Profile
Isn't it beautiful to see all the beautiful, strong women of long ago. They are all beautiful!! So much fun to see them. Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Ladies' Vintage Photo Swap Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page