Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Ladies' Vintage Photo Swap Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Ladies' Vintage Photo Swap Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 3

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  01:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Love seeing the Photos...keep posting...other people are lurking! (+:

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  11:22:07 AM  Show Profile
Tiana,

I received your old photos and they are great! Cute how you added the velvet hearts.Old photos are really something, aren't they?

Hugs,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  2:39:15 PM  Show Profile

Bump bump please

Just a reminder. Tomorrow, Wednesday, March 20, is date to mail your photos. Mine will go out tomorrow. Can't wait to see photos posted here.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  4:22:50 PM  Show Profile
Mine are ready to go out tomorrow too :)

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2013 :  6:34:03 PM  Show Profile
CJ, the lady with her arms folded is Evelyn B. No last name, Linda said, she bought it at an antique mall in Seattle. The headshot only has no name, from the same Antique mall in Seattle. Mine will be mailed tomorrow!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2013 :  04:39:42 AM  Show Profile
Portia, I love the old photos too. I have lots of black and whites in my living room. I'm not very creative with them though lol.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  05:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Linda,

I am soooo sorry. I received your pictures a couple of days ago, but just opened them last night. My uncle was in Hospice care for a week and a half and his wake and funeral were over the past couple of days. I was trying to spend as much time with him and my family as I could and got behind on this swap.

I love the pictures you sent and mostly, the information you wrote about each one. I will post pictures tomorrow! Thank you again!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

alissa
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

alissa
mcalester Oklahoma
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  08:12:21 AM  Show Profile
Ihave mailed my photos. I hope my partners like them, I forgot to take pictures before I sent them out. But with everything going on here it is no wonder. Everyone have a wonderful weekend. I will not be on much next week as I am going to go stay with my sister as she has her second round of chemo. This was a great swap, I will post pictures of the photos I receive when I return. Looking forward to getting the photos. thanks ladies.

farm girl hugs alissa
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  2:09:06 PM  Show Profile

Alissa,
Oh my! What beautiful ladies. The cards are so pretty. Can't wait for you to receive mine.

Farm Girls, Alissa said she found these lovely photos in an album she bought at a yard sale. Miss Jones is the name of the lady in a portrait shot. Annie Harrington is the name of the other last.
Thanks again. Hugs,

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Go to Top of Page

Island Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marcie
Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2013 :  2:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Love my Vintage Women Alissa! You did a beautiful job. Can't believe you found an album with old photos....lucky girl! Would be fun to know who they are. I tried to post pictures but they always come out sideways. I don't know how to fix it. Sorry! This was a fun swap. Thanks Dirtduchess for hosting it.

www.flip-flopsandsandals.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  2:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Patsy,
Received your wonderful vintage photos today of Odie (born 1896) and your beloved "Granny" (1882-1966) Enjoyed reading the special influences they had
on you and your husband with such loving, giving hearts. Loved the lacy red borders you decorated the background with. Very much enjoyed this exchange and
thanks so much for hosting it! This is a wonderful, fun tribute
to all women for "Women's Heart Awareness".

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Mar 24 2013 12:09:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  9:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
"Penny wise"..mine is still a work in progress..have hit a couple of snags...I am having trouble with my image coping ..but I will get it done as soon as I can..Love the pics already posted...posting the photos will be a challange for me...but I have a super smaart daughter..I know she will help me when I can get down to her place..lookin forward to this...Blessings Shirl

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  08:55:46 AM  Show Profile
awesome photos

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes

Deborah
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  6:48:51 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tammyc

Patsy, thank you so much for the really special vintage photos! I absolutely love them both! You are so lucky to have had such treasures. How lucky you were to be able to spend so much time with your great grandmother, Fanny, and to hear all her stories! I loved the picture of Fanny's daughter Pearl too. She was so fashionable!!!

I am working on posting the pictures, but my computer is being funky right now...should be okay in a few minutes.

Thank you too for the "tucks" Patsy...the teas look yummy and I love the pack of ATC's. I've never seen an ATC assortment pack before...makes me want to make some ATC's!

Thank you for such a fun, fun swap!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

Edited by - tammyc on Mar 23 2013 6:52:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  6:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Portia, I just received my photos today after a long day of work. What a beautiful surprise. You are very crafty, I really loved the way you did them. Thank you for the beautiful card too. Your farmgirl sister Tiana

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2013 :  7:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Okay, here are the wonderful photos Patsy sent me....her great grandmother Fanny is the lovely lady on the left and the oh so fashionable Pearl is on the right!

Thanks again Patsy!!!

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  12:33:01 PM  Show Profile
Connie,
Your wonderful vintage women picture cards arrived yesterday. Thanks so much. Loved the way you decorated the front and insides of them and the pretty
red gingham paper as well as the neat black and white polka dot ribbon on the large paper clips (which I'm already using one for a bookmark!). What a special woman
your great Aunt Mattie Lee was and enjoyed reading what you had written about her. Your Great Grandmother, Lettie was a remarkable woman too and how fortunate
you are to have had her legacy handed down to you. (Lettie Elnora, 1884-1967) (Mattie Lee 1902-1992) How much fun that you got enjoy your Great Aunt's neighborhood
grocery store as a child with those jars of penny candy,cookies and especially the toy rack! Your Granny Lettie was amazing to have bravely ran a farm alone and raise
children at the same time. What a blessing and inspiration in your life she still must be.
Thank you also for the dainty, pretty flowered vintage hankie, I love it! Also the little Ghiradelli chocolate square was a treat I've already indulged in. :0)
Thanks again Patsy for your great idea of this exchange.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

alissa
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

alissa
mcalester Oklahoma
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  1:26:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patsy I received your pictures they are beautiful. I will post pictures next week, I am packing to go stay with my sister who is having chemo next week. this was a great swap thanks

farm girl hugs alissa
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6649 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6649 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  3:35:54 PM  Show Profile
What beautiful family photos and stories.
I was not a part of the swap as I do not have any old family photos as I was adopted so there is no family history for me sadly.
So, my Dear Sweet Friend Connie (Killarney) sent me a picture of her Aunt Mattie and her story. Aunt Mattie was a Fisher Woman and so am I so Connie shared her story with me. Thank you Connie that was so nice of you, I treasure your friendship too.
Hugs,
Debbie

Happiness is a warm fire at 9000 feet.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 24 2013 3:37:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  6:41:54 PM  Show Profile
Tammy C. I love those photos! Linda, so glad you enjoyed them! and Debbie My dear sis, you are my family!!! and that is exactly what I thought when I saw that pic of Aunt Mattie fishing.That you love it too!!! Pasty, I soooooooooo loved this swap, thank you for hosting!!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  1:35:00 PM  Show Profile

Stephanie Meek,
Will you email me your address so I can send you the photos of my ladies?
Thanks.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  1:58:05 PM  Show Profile

Tammy, your pictures are lovely. And I love the stories.

Tammy said she found this photo postcard last year in San Francisco. The back of the card reads "Your little Peach Girl, Smilie and her Chum, Lolita." Tammy also wrote, Now, I'm not sure which one is the Peach Girl and which one was her chum! Wonder if the card was for a boyfriend, parent, husband...who knows. The photo is not dated, but based on the clothing and age of the photo, I would put it in the early 1900s. Such a fun photo. I wonder whatever happened to the Little Peach Girl???

Tammy wrote about this photo.
This lovely young lady was my great grandmother, Julia Langness Elgaaen. She was born in Norway in 1884 and died in South Dakota in 1939. Julia married a farmer and raised four children on their farm in South Dakota, one of whom was my grandfather, Robert. This photo was taken on the day of her graduation from high school.
Thank you Tammy for the beautiful photos, and tucks. A big thanks for the vintage postcards. I collect old photos.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  2:11:21 PM  Show Profile

I am posting the photos that I sent to Linda (Hummingbirdjoy). She said she had no way to post them.

The first lady with all the fur is Odie. She was born in 1896. Odie was my husband's aunt. Odie was one of the first telephone operators in Cleburne, Tx. She and her husband were childless. So they spoiled my husband. Every time they came to visit him they brought lots of fruit and gifts.
The second photo was my beloved Granny Pope. I lived next door to her growing up. We were so close. She taught me so many things. I always said that Granny could sew a silk purse out of a sow's ear and make a dime stretch to a dollar. I just had to tell you about Granny.
Thanks for letting me share my stories.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  10:21:21 AM  Show Profile
Tammy and Patsy. love those pics!!!!!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  10:28:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Julie!! for sharing the Wonderful Coates Family with me! and Thanks for the Tea and the adorable Crochet heart! I so want to learn to do that, all I can crochet is a long scarf! and the Dark Chocolate Bar is not in the Pic, because I ate it! while I was reading about the Coates Women!
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Ladies' Vintage Photo Swap Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page