Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 More SPAM--this was a few days' ago and has been r
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic More SPAM--this was a few days' ago and has been r Next Topic  

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  06:43:42 AM  Show Profile
just opened an email that said it was from MJF -looked just like any other email we get from a farmgirl here- well it sure as heck wasn't!!!!
so be careful gals...

and if someone gets spammed by me- i am sooooooooooo sorry cuz it is not intentional!

this is truly getting to be ridiculous when our emails are not safe even here...

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~

Edited by - Penny Wise on Mar 12 2013 08:54:19 AM

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  06:56:43 AM  Show Profile
I got one too but the user name sounded suspicious to me so I sent an email to the office and did not open it. I never open a message from the forum unless I recognize the user's name. I looked it up online and the user has a new profile with no activity but their user name and email address seem bogus so I reported it. I'm going to change my password today just in case. Be careful everyone!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Mar 11 2013 07:05:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  07:11:44 AM  Show Profile
Yes I got that same message through my e-mail. I thought it was so weird. I wish I had not of opened it. But I thought it was from MaryJanesFarm. So next time I will be more careful.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  07:24:27 AM  Show Profile
It has been reported. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

mjfadmin
Forum Admin

26 Posts

Moscow Idaho
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  08:43:24 AM  Show Profile
Blocked. Thanks for the heads up!
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  09:33:15 AM  Show Profile
I got one too it was some money scam out of africa I think. Deleted it.It was from a person who email is
(najeeb.amoudou@rocketmail.com)Glad it was reported I was just getting ready to send an email about it.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2013 :  10:19:29 AM  Show Profile
Got the same email.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2013 :  09:32:20 AM  Show Profile
It's hard to believe that these money scammers are still sending out these type of emails after all these years. I guess some people must fall for it and wire them money thru Western Union or else they wouldn't bother sending the emails.

They are also hanging out at Facebook. I know someone who signed up to Facebook and was immediately bombarded with friend requests from men in Africa & Indonesia. These guys try to convince women they are falling for them, then get the women to send them money. I actually know one gal who fell for it and sent one guy money several times.

Unfortunately, there will always be con men (or women) out there.

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic More SPAM--this was a few days' ago and has been r Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page