Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Urgent Prayer Request PLZ 11/26 UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Urgent Prayer Request PLZ 11/26 UPDATE Next Topic
Page: of 3

alissa
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

alissa
mcalester Oklahoma
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  6:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all sorry such a long time in between post. Just alot going on, my sister is cancer free as of september.i want to thank everyone for your prayers. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. She goes every 3 months for check ups then it will be every 6 months then once ayear.
Farm girl hugs alissa

everyone thanks for the prayers. just wanted to let everyone know that my sister's cancer has decressed by 12%, it is good news but yet not what she expected. she wanted it to be gone. but we thank God for what He has done so far. She is doing another type of treatment this time, it is only 1 day every 3 weeks for a total of 4 treatments. the doctors told her that this treatment will stay in her body for 7 years after treatments. It is also very hard on her liver and kidneys, she also has heart problems which she will be watched real close with this treatment. I will update when there is more to tell you all. Your prayers are appriecatd. thanks alissa

just heard and they are letting my sister start her chemo on the 13th of May. I am leaving the 17th to go stay with her again, for a few days or a week just depends on how she is doing. This will be her last treatment, if the cancer is still there but not growing they are going to take it out. All your prayers are so appreiciated, you will never know just how much it means. This is a journey I wish no one had to take. If I could hug you all I would. thanks for being such a great group of ladies... Blessings and farm girl hugs coming your way... alissa

sorry I have not updated since I seen her last week. I got home and messedd up my hand, tore some leigiments in my wrist, sprang the wrist joints. so they put me in a fiberglass splint and it is hard to do anything. but for the update on my sister. they had found 2 spots on her thyroid went in an they took a biopsy. she got the results on monday, thank God it came back negative for cancer... she is doing good, had a few bad days this week but is doing better now. she is trying to get them to let her take her last treatment after mothers day. they also told her that if everything stays the same they will remove the spot on her lung after the this last treament. will update after the last treatment... thanks for all the prayers. have a good weekend farm girl hugs and blessing alissa

My sister went for her scans and it was not real good. The cancer in her lung did not get bigger or smaller just stayed the same. I am going to go stay with her agian for a week. she has 2 more rounds of chemo one this week and then one in 20 days. so she has asked that we come down and take care of her after chemo as it is hard for her to get around. I would like to ask that you would also pray for her husband as he is having a hard time and is taking it out on her. smoking around her which he was not doing this before. I know that as a caretaker it is hard, took care of my FIL for almost 6 years. So I know that there are times when you just want to walk away from everything. so please pray for him. I thank you all for the prayers and kind words. this is very hard for me, I would like for you to pray for me as I help take care of her this week coming. She will be down for about 2 - 3 days. It is hard to see a loved suffer so please say a little pray for us. I will update again when I return to let you know how she is doing.

God Bless you all
Farm Girl Hugs coming your way
alissa

Hi everyone I am back from staying with my sister. she will go on the 15th of april to do her scans to see if the chemo is working. if it is then round 3 of chemo will start, if not then she is done with treatments. when I left she was cutting her hair short because it was coming out by the handfulls. it was very upsetting for her so I told her to cut it short so it does not look like so much is falling out. please pray that she will have good reports when she goes to MD Anderson on the 15th for her scans. thank you for your prayers and kind words. Bless you all

farm girl hugs alissa

Hi everyone I am sitting here with my sister this is her lastday of chemo. Please say a prayer for her. She is having a bad day, she was fixing her hair when a handful ckme out and she started to cry. Broke my heart to see her cry, her hubby is going to have a wig made for her and my sister sil is going to donate her hair for the wig. I am so glad she has great inlaws. Prayer for her that she will not hurt this weekend like she did withher last treatment. I will post more when i get home my kindle is dying & i forgot my charger. Farm girl hugs alissa. Thanks to everyone for your prayers.

Hi I usually do not go plubic with family matters, but my baby sister is in need of a MIRCLE from GOD. She has metastatic melanoma in her lung. she is only 43 I know GOD can heal her please just say a prayer for her and our family as we take this jounrey. thank you

Edited by - alissa on Nov 26 2013 12:32:19 PM

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  6:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Alissa - I will definitely be praying for your sister and your whole family! Hugs and blessings - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 27 2013 6:09:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  6:12:47 PM  Show Profile
Alissa, will be keeping your sister and the whole family in my prayers.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  6:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Alissa I will definitely lift your sister and family up in my prayers. Positive thoughts your way.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  7:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Prayers sent.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  7:19:17 PM  Show Profile
I will be praying for your sister. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  9:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I too will send prayers, I have had melanoma, so I understand what she is going thur, i am so sorry! Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

monique
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

monique
lepelstraat noord brabant
Netherlands
165 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  11:26:50 PM  Show Profile
I will keep your sister and family in my prayers.

http://thymeandlavender.blogspot.com

www.wolshopmonique.nl
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  03:53:51 AM  Show Profile
Prayers.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  04:11:04 AM  Show Profile
Alissa, you and your family are in my prayers. Please I urge everyone to read this and stop what you are doing at this minute and pray for her. Let the power of prayer take hold.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  04:26:02 AM  Show Profile
Alissa,
Prayers being sent for your sister and family.
~blessings~

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Let all that you do, be done in love. I Corinthians 16:14
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  06:11:22 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your sister, you and family.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  06:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent. Hope all turns out well.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  08:12:52 AM  Show Profile
praying!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.
Go to Top of Page

alissa
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

alissa
mcalester Oklahoma
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  10:46:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone thank you all so much for the prayers, my sister called our mom this morning an talked a little. told mom that the doctors told her she had 2yrs. I told mom there is no expiration date on our toes, the only one who knows that is the good Lord Himself. I know that there is healing power in prayer. I apprecated all the prayers more than you will ever know. Mom is upset as she is going through cancer with her husband and wants to be with my sisiter, but can't make it yet. again thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the prayers. Farm Girl Hugs alissa
Go to Top of Page

Ruby V
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Ruby
Chilliwack BC
Canada
220 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  12:10:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister and am sending prayers her way. No matter what timeline the dr. gives, there is always hope. When my mom got breast cancer, she was told she only had a 50% chance of making it 3 years. That was 17 years ago! Then when it returned, she was told she had 18 months. That was 4 years ago and she's still going strong!

There's so many treatments and medications these days. Having a positive attitude helps too, so do all you can to keep her spirits up. Please keep us posted on how things are going. {hugs}

Ruby ~ Sister #3597
Go to Top of Page

Nana Shirl
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Shirley
Kit Carson Colorado
USA
352 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  08:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Nana Shirl a Yahoo! Message
So sorry sister..hugs to you and your family..in my prayers...and it is in God's hands..so we pray..Blessings

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  09:25:31 AM  Show Profile
God bless. Prayers sent.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  12:06:18 PM  Show Profile
Alissa,

Somehow I missed this post. Said a prayer for your sister and will continue to pray!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  2:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Alissa,
I too missed this post, usually look for these requests under Hogs/Quiches/Prayers.
I am praying for your sister and your entire family, as you journey through this.
It is amazing what they can do know adays, with removing a lung etc.
Try and stay positive and keep the faith, even though at times it may seem unbearable. We are here for you, to listen and pray.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  4:49:56 PM  Show Profile
Alissa, you, your sister and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please update when you can.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2013 :  7:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Alissa: I agree with you, only the good Lord knows when ones time is up. I will be praying for your sister. Where two or more are gathered, remember that. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  11:01:26 AM  Show Profile
You, your sister, and your family are in my prayers. Hugs to you!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  3:12:22 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are with you, your sister and family.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

alissa
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

alissa
mcalester Oklahoma
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  5:26:32 PM  Show Profile
I want to thank you all for your prayers. The doctors give no hope for her cancer, but she will take chemo for 2 months to see what happens. All in all she is doing good, that old devil really plays hard with her mind and she said she rebuke him daily. Mom and I will be going to see her soon. I hope to have a journal that I am making finished for her. I am going to call it Take a Walk with me, it will pictures of us kids when we where little. I will post pictures when I get it finished. I figure it will take a while to get it all together . went to my dad's last night to get some more pictures. I will keep updating as I find out what is going on with her. She lives in texas an calls mom about every 2 weeks or so..(mom and I live in Oklahoma again thank you for all the kind words and prayers..

BLessings and Farm Girl hugs alissa
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2013 :  8:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Continued prayers to your sister, to you, and your family. Keep us posted. Hugs to you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Family Matters: Previous Topic Urgent Prayer Request PLZ 11/26 UPDATE Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page