CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  1:50:47 PM  Show Profile
hey miz sunshine .. i tried to e-mail you about the vintage feedsack apron i want to send to you .. but it bounced back to me. this is what it sed:

gurlfren .. keep reminding me .. i went to glovers' station and all i had put in my booth there ... had sold .. all my other ones are buried somewhere in the 'schoolhouse' .. have to find them. but trooooooly keep asking until it arrives on your doorstoop! xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I sent an email thank you sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  10:37:26 AM  Show Profile
Speaking of feedsacks......the abandoned house above us has been purchased and is slowly being referbished. It shuld have been bulldozed, but it's not our problem. Anyway, I was given permission to clean out any canning jars and other items deemed worthy of salvaging. In one of the pantrys was a huge stack of those old feed sacks. As son as I saw the fabric, I knew immediately what they were. Most have been stained by a leaky roof and mildew, but a good deal will still be useful enough for kitchen duties and pet needs. Pity I can't sew.

The cloth is so soft
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2006 :  1:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Oh what a great find. I can't sew either but I do get by. Lets say I can cut out a pattern and put it together but can't do the fancy stuff. I have been getting into the embroidery but that is all by hand and I can do it wherever I go. My newest project is making birth announcement pillows. I am working on one for a friend and have 2 more on order. Feed sack is awesome. and easy to stick together for a quick and easy project. Also look for old keys(skeleton), old door knobs, window frames (make great wall hangings). I went by the Picket Fence gals monthly sale and saw so many things I want that came from old farmhouses.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.blissnblossomfarm.com

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Oct 16 2006 1:08:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  06:08:52 AM  Show Profile
anna .. honestly, anyone can make a simple rag dollie .. send me an sase for a pattern if you would like one .. instructions are here on maryjane's board .. and feedsacks make wonderful olde dresses .. you can even 'stain' over the spots .. and they do add 'charm' to an olde dolly! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2006 :  09:57:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey thanks Frannie!

I must have 2 dozen sacks and long bolts of this stuff. A cute little doll would be fun to attempt.....especially for those miserbale days when it's too rough to venture outside.

As far as window frames, wellllll, those and the lower half of the house are too far gone. We have been burining some of the wood. The termite eaten out sections feel like paper and crumble just as easily.

This house sat for nearly 30 years. We foud out it was the family dumping ground. I should have taken pictures of the inside before these other folks took over. It looked like the people had been vaporized. There were still unopened cans of soups, half eaten jars of P nut butter old papers everywhere and like I said, TONS of canning jars inside and out! Some have been put to good use, some still had mystery contents....Stranger still was the chest freezer filled w/ sea ration bread packets. It smelled like pound cake, but no thanks, wasn't going to risk taking a bite.
Sadly, the barns are filled literally from roof to ceiling with useless junk and rat nests.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic sunshine - feedsack apron Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page