pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  11:21:09 AM  Show Profile
I have been away from this forum for quite awhile now. I haven't been feeling great, no energy, pains in my stomach and severe headaches. I thought I had come down with a bad flu bug.

Last night, one of the board members of our water company knocked on our door and delivered the message that our water supply (we have a community well) had been compromised and had fecal coliform (e-coli) in the water. We have been informed that we needed to boil our water before drinking it.

This is the part that you never hear about. They told us to boil water before washing our dishes, don't use it for brushing our teeth, washing our hands, or anything else that could eventually enter our bodies.

We learned very fast how much we depend on water. We always have a pot of water on the woodstove to put moisture into the air (airborn e-coli?). We also filter all water that we drink, but we are ingesting the bacteria on our dishes, even though they have been washed in soapy water.

The custodians of our water supply thought they could skip a month of putting the chlorine in the water. Bad move.

My suggestion to all of you: Make sure you know what's in your water and get a report showing that your water has been tested. And make sure that whomever is in charge of your water is trutworthy.

We will get well, but it's been the longest month of my life.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

Edited by - pinokeeo on Feb 26 2013 11:22:49 AM

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  04:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Eghads - that is HORRIBLE, Phyllis! Thank you so much for sharing this information with us. I hope you all will be back to full health soon! I'm so sorry you are going through this! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic E-coli Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page