Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  08:19:14 AM  Show Profile
Any advice on what to get my DH this year for Valentines? I have not a clue on what to get him this year. A sexy nightie is out of the question LOL Hum for the man who has everything....I always get him his favorite candy which is Turtles. I wanted to do something different this year.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  08:36:37 AM  Show Profile
Dress the turtles in a sexy nightie??

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.

Edited by - nubidane on Feb 13 2013 08:37:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  09:18:31 AM  Show Profile
LOl That's funny! It would probably look better on the turtles anyways. I know that because I went shopping this past weekend and tried one on. When I looked at my self in the mirror I just cracked up laughing and said no way. And it was a Delta Burke one!!!!!AWWWWWWWwww.......I need to lose about 20 pounds or a little more. Ha!Ha!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  11:10:32 AM  Show Profile
I am no help. I have been sick, along with most of the family, and have nothing to give this year.

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  11:16:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kristina, I am so sorry. Its no fun to be sick. I remember going through all of that with my family. Prayers that you guys get to feeling better. Sometimes just a big hug is all you need. I remember my son being in the hospital during Easter holiday. My SIL came up to the hospital and brought an Easter basket for us with eggs. We hid them in the play room then wheeled him down there with his IV and he got to look for the eggs. Hope y'all feel better soon.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  11:22:39 AM  Show Profile
Dorinda,
I was just thinking the same thing this morning....what am I going to get him. Hmmm. Well, we generally just get each other a nice card, or make one for each other, and then at some point we will go out for dinner during the month of February,
We kind of have an understanding that we do our best to show our love for one another on a daily basis, although I agree that every once in a while its nice to be surprised!
And I totally hear ya with the sexy nighty... I don't think I would like the way I look in one either, so I am not even going there!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Devongal
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Vanessa
Okehampton Devon
United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  11:45:58 AM  Show Profile
what about a hand made I.O.U with a section on it he can fill in for whatever he wishes ( within reason ofc:)

So much to do, so little time :)
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  11:56:17 AM  Show Profile
Dh and I have elected not to bother with anything but a card this year--he switched occupations at the beginning of the month and there hasn't been any pay...yet. That comes the day AFTER Valentines day, but boy howdy, has it been lean around our house. I have a card and a little treat for my toddler, because she's been so riled up by the Sprout channel and all their valentine shows that I think it would break her heart if we didn't do something. Still, she's 4, so it's just a token.
Give him a card, make him a lovely dinner. I've found that my husband doesn't want anything fancy on these days, he wants meatloaf, mashed potatoes and creamed peas, a meal that I snore at and think, "not again". So, maybe something that he loves that seems to mundane!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  06:17:07 AM  Show Profile
Jonni,

My DH loves the same meal...actually I do too and so does my sweet 15 year old(except the peas)! We are going to do a movie and dinner some time during the month as it is just too hectic to do everything on a work and school night. Happy Valentines Day to all the farmgirls on the site!!!

Blessings,

Judy

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  06:33:48 AM  Show Profile
Must be that we're from Kentucky, Judy :) He would take that meal over any meal I could ever fix, even Beef Wellington with Yorkshire pudding. Once, he AND my mom requested meatloaf, mashed potatoes and creamed peas for Christmas Eve Supper. I politely said, "um, NO."

I don't mind it, I like it, but there are soooooo many wonderful things to cook and I can't see repeating :)
Happy Valentines Day!

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  08:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Out tonight for pizza and ale at our very favorite local brew pub! Probably with a yummy salad and delectable dessert too!
He's happy! I'm happy!
Happy Valentines Day!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  2:39:50 PM  Show Profile
I made his favorite meal and his favorite goodie. And I think everyone probably looks just gorgeous in any nightie they would like to wear ... but, they say the guys would rather you wear a smile. ;)

Enjoy your celebration!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  08:37:25 AM  Show Profile
I hope everyone had a great Valentine's day! Me and the girl celebrated by homemade fishcakes, macaroni and cheese and ate lots of candy. We watched a Doc Martin marathon, read some stories and fell asleep together in "the big bed". My husband had to work, didn't get home until 2 am after waiting on bunches of "lovers" and then our dog, Elie, ate my card, which I hadn't opened, but found in pieces this a.m on the living room floor!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Valentine's for my DH. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page