Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Hot and miserable already!!!! Update..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Hot and miserable already!!!! Update.. Next Topic  

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  11:18:53 AM  Show Profile
I know some of you ladies hate to hear this because y'all are cold. But I am already tired of the heat. It is 84 here today. I wanted to work out in the garden but it is to hot. I think we are suppose to get a little cool down next week. But not by much. I have a basal cell cancer on my fore head that I have got to get removed so I do not want to be out in the hot sun much. Even the wind blowing is humid and hot feeling.
Oh well things could be worse and hotter.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

Edited by - Dorinda on Feb 18 2013 06:07:44 AM

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  12:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda, I know you have probably heard this a million times, but, please wear a hat when you are outside in the sun! We are having a very gray & chilly day here in the Chicago area. We have high humidity too, but it is the kind that cuts right through you. I'll be honest, right now I'd love to trade places with you!

Best of luck on staying cool. Take good care of yourself!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  12:59:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm freezing my butt off in Michigan right now, but I do not miss living in Florida at all. The humidity was always unbearable. Maybe when I'm 80 and tired of the bone chilling cold I would reconsider living in the permanent sauna that is Florida again. :)
We are hoping to make it to Disney this spring though. Can't wait...I can hear it now...Moooooooom....It's soooooo hooooooot!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05), Bennett (7/11/07), Truman (7/28/09) and baby Graeme (11/29/12)

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Feb 12 2013 1:00:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7586 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7586 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  2:04:52 PM  Show Profile
I am in Northern Cal and it is sunny today but a cool breeze but pretty so we take them when we get them.
Take care out there in the heat of the sun and stay warm up there in Michigan and Chicago.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  6:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, I certainly understand why heat would bother you . . it bothers me. However, it's not the case here right now . . 3 degrees this morning at 6:40 and it's been a COLD day all day!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  6:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Here in northern Florida, it is not that bad yet. I have worked in the garden two mornings recently with a light jacket on the whole time and that is saying a lot. I cannot take the heat anymore. I am not ready for warm weather!!!!! I love the winters here because it is like fall everywhere else.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  08:12:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jeannie, What part of North Florida do you live in? My son is engaged to a girl from Fort White. My husband loves the Marianna area. If we sale the 40 acres we live on to a developer we are planning on moving up that way. They are in the process of building houses behind us on 320 acres that use to be a ranch that sold out to a developer. We were told they are interested in our 40 acres here. Hope to sale out to them in the future.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  06:10:36 AM  Show Profile
Ok So this is the first time I had to turn on the heater this year. In the 30's the past 2 nights. High today 70. Back up to 81 tomorrow. Enjoying it while I can.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Hot and miserable already!!!! Update.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page