Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Anyone have red potato onions to share or sell?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Anyone have red potato onions to share or sell? Next Topic  

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3442 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3442 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  09:24:39 AM  Show Profile
I am looking for red potato onions. They do seem hard to find, so I was wondering if any farmgirl has some or access to any that they were willing to barter or sell either way.

Blessings
~Kelly~

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  10:03:54 AM  Show Profile
I'm curious. I've never heard of such a thing. Is it an onion that looks like a red potato or something?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05), Bennett (7/11/07), Truman (7/28/09) and baby Graeme (11/29/12)
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  11:20:37 AM  Show Profile
I had to look them up on the internet. It seems "seed savers" maybe your best option since they are heirloom bulbs. Good luck finding what you need.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3442 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3442 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  1:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan, they are a red onion that multiply underground. Seem hard to find. They are heirloom and were used all the time years back.

Dawn, I checked with seed savers and they do not have any potato or multiplying onions.

eBay does have a seller, I just bought some. But not sure if they are true potato onions, or if they may just be a multiplier. I am hoping for the best but we will see how they grow out.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Anyone have red potato onions to share or sell? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page