Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Whats on your kitchen table right now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Whats on your kitchen table right now? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  11:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
most days i am lucky to even find the table top, becaue it is almost always covered w/ stuff, projects, mail, and a cat or two. DH suffers from empty surface syndrone. he simply can't leave a clean table top clean. he is alwasy piling stuff here and there, to get to later as he claims.....

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  6:40:51 PM  Show Profile
a sleeping cat, hand lotions, lip balm, laundry that is folded, but not put away, magazines, books, newspapers, a basket for the mail, with mail in it, eyeglasses, cell phone, crumbs from who knows what,lol, and my purse...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

284 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
284 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  08:14:47 AM  Show Profile
Katlady-lol My cat MiMi loves to sleep on my fleece jacket which is on the table. So much craft/rubber stamping/card stock and mail covers the table. I jut walk by it and frown. Hubby wants the table back. although we always eat in front of tv. If I had room for all this stuff.

Find something beautiful in everyday!
And STYX the Band rocks!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  08:28:38 AM  Show Profile
It rained yesterday and I haven't had a chance to clean the coops or put shavings down. So, the eggs I've collected have muddy chicken footprints on them. The buckets of eggs are on the table waiting to be washed.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  6:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Now on my table after breakfast are two blooming paper whites in containers; a 14" rock that looks like landscape: two name tags from a bonsai dinner and the morning newspaper. That artifacts on that table changes several times a day adding one or two cats, delicious food or tea. Out my window I see my barn and barn quilt and any birds visiting the heated cement bird bath.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hey Tiana,
Great question. I don't have a kitchen table or even a dining room table (they are on the wish list since I just moved last October). My problem is the coffee table in the living room. It collects (all by itself) magazines, nail files, books, the newspaper, paper clips, tissues and tons of pens to do the crossword puzzle with.
I usually eat on the couch and I am fortunate enough to have a desk to keep my sewing machine on all the time.
I have an easel in my dining room since I am taking watercolor classes.
I am positive that when I get a table, I will load it up with the same things that are on the coffee table and the sewing machine desk.
Thanks for asking,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4221 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4221 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  12:55:28 PM  Show Profile
I have on my kitchen table, a doily and a colorful pitcher, with a bunch of silk flowers in. Hoping to brighten my life!

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Marigold
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Marigold
Chicago IL
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  8:49:49 PM  Show Profile
At the end of the day all that is on the table is vitamins. I like to have all my surfaces cleaned off at the end of the day. Now if only people would visit after 9pm. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Whats on your kitchen table right now? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page