Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Whats on your kitchen table right now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Whats on your kitchen table right now? Next Topic
Page: of 2

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  08:28:11 AM  Show Profile

Farmgirls, I am just curious about what is on your kitchen table right now. I know I always have something or some project I am working on. This weekend it is sewing french cut pantaloons, and paracord bracelets. I usually keep my great Aunt Jeans silver candlesticks, silver plate salt and pepper caddy, 4 placemats with knapkins, and under one placemat my mail or most recent paperwork I'm working on. At the end of the weekend I will clear away my project and start again. All my friends in the neighborhood come to the backdoor right into the kitchen. So...always something on the table. Whats on your table?

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

693 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
693 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  08:59:52 AM  Show Profile
My table has my 2012 income tax invoices and receipts scattered about. So glad that it should be finished by tomorrow. Been at it for the last four days.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  09:06:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh yuk, I know the feeling Patsy. Good luck hope you get a nice return or at least don't owe.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  09:42:15 AM  Show Profile
I usually have some type of project going on the table. My darling made me a two tiered cart to hold stuff so I can relocate my stuff when I need the table for other stuff--dinner etc--. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  11:41:46 AM  Show Profile
lol, that is so funny Mary Beth. Post a pic of your tiered cart if you can. Would love to see it.

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  1:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Are you sure you didn't sneak into my kitchen to take that picture? The sewing machine is out...I was sewing around my ratty dish cloths so they would stop unraveling. On the other end is the cooling rack with two loaves of Italian bread on it and in between is my the budget book where I just posted the bills I paid. We'll be eating in front of the TV tonight as we watch the super bowl.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2316 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2316 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  1:22:46 PM  Show Profile
I know you snuck into my kitchen to take that picture Tiana, I am making valentine pillowcases for the grand kids and have my sewing all over it too. We to will be eating in the living room tonight.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  4:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Well it's good to know I'm not the only one with a junked table most of the time. I did sneak around and take pics though. lol We too are eating in the living room tonight. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  4:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Fruit in a wire basket. That's it. I just moved and it was a good way to get rid of things. I'm mostly set up at the new place, and it feels good to start off fresh and clean!

----------------------------------------------------------

Cedar Mountain Herb School and Botanicals, LLC
www.cedarmountainherbs.com
Become a fan! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Mountain-Herb-School/199194060117277

Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  04:17:38 AM  Show Profile
I know the feeling Suzanne,nice.

Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  09:58:00 AM  Show Profile
place mats, and sadly, a cat. Who will not be there in 2 seconds.

....it's what's inside a women, when she's up against the land.

Farmgirl #680!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lessielouise22
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  10:03:36 AM  Show Profile
A 1950's tablecloth that is a map of Germany, 3 Longaberger baskets (one, bread, two produce filled with yams and onions), 5 cork hot pads for dinner plates.

If I would have answered this yesterday at about....3 pm, you gals would have to get out your vitamins and reading glasses. I could have filled this space completely.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  10:10:36 AM  Show Profile
My purse, as I am getting ready to leave, 2 mug mats from the hot tea this morning (that hubby makes, then texts me that my tea is poured) (yes I am spoiled). there is the daily Bible that we are reading thru for the second year, some batteries, we are changing on the cameras that go in the chicken yard, and a mary maxim catalog. oh yep, my laptop which I am typing on and my cell phone. Yesterday I removed the poinsettias left from the holidays and now to figure out what will take its place. Not quite ready for spring flowers.
My table seats 12 people, there is 11 in my immediate family, so we all have a place to sit. This is where they gather to play games, and to all be on there cell or IPad when they are here. I love my table, My hubby and I made it in 1999, to me it is the heart of the family, so to speak. It is 10ft long.
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  11:51:49 AM  Show Profile
Agreed Linda about the heart of the family. It's where everything takes place.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  3:52:47 PM  Show Profile
Let's see... a lovely old tablecloth, a few Salmon Falls pottery pieces - sugar, creamer, butter, salt & pepper shakers and a big Salmon Falls pottery chip and dip server resting on its side in a wrought iron bird plate stand (it's all about the tablescaping!), a couple of ripening bananas, my husband's cell phone charging, and a box of Italian Panetone with a big bow on top - a Christmas gift from our neighbor that we just haven't gotten to yet! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  4:24:56 PM  Show Profile
Fun post Tiana!

Right now, it's a mess :) Laptop :), homemade soaps made by my honey (just sold some!), a vintage oil lamp on a doily, oh and some raffle tickets from our local Cowbelles for a 'brand' quilt.

Nini, I have never tried Panettone but was checking it out the other day and found this recipe:

http://www.food.com/recipe/panettone-french-toast-200571

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  5:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, our table is a round one that is just there and currently it is decorated with Valentine themed items. Red quilted placemats, doilies, red napkins, white cups and saucers and some themed wine glasses and other decoration items.

It is because I have a HUGE counter in my kitchen that I work on that my little dining table stays pretty much uncluttered. On the counter is my laptop, and whatever I need for cutting aprons, which is what I do a LOT of. When there is a meal to eat we move all that around to eat and then it gets spread all around again.

I was fortunate enough when we had to rebuild our house to say I want a HUGE counter for my projects. It has a "hangover" on one side that we can put stools up to for eating. Glad I have it!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  7:23:29 PM  Show Profile
I have a small round table, like café size. There is a knitted table topper in shades of lavender, greens, and pale yellows. Two pewter candle holders with white candle sticks. a basket with apples, and a Christmas Cactus.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  10:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
I have several blooming orchids, because my kitchen get cools and I have a east facing window, but I have done a lot of sewing projects there and tons of tie-dying. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  04:10:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing ladies, it seems we do alot of sewing at the kitchen table.

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  05:56:40 AM  Show Profile
One side has soap making supplies. Another side has my daughter's homeschool work. Another portion has empty egg cartons waiting to be filled. The table changes from hour to hour depending on who is home and what needs to be done. It's almost always cleaned up by evening for suppertime.

When it's totally clear of projects, it is covered with a pretty red and white checkered table cloth. In the center is usually a stack of books with chicken figurines sitting atop.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  10:39:29 AM  Show Profile
I got such a wonderfull vision of that Catherine. :)nice

Go to Top of Page

CarpentersDau
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Nancy
Ottumwa Iowa
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  4:18:38 PM  Show Profile
We eat and work at our table too! Heavy wood "harvest" table (we found it at a thrift shop this fall -- been wanting a bigger table for a long time!) with a pretty calico table cloth at one end, and the braided rug I am working on this winter at the other. I also have an old painted wooden tool box with sections that I use for silverware. Very handy!
Am always clearing it off, as life seems to center around our kitchen table!

IReckonSo
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  6:52:59 PM  Show Profile
Nancy my kitchen table was from the thriftstore too. I love it, it was a pier 1 import. It sounds really beautiful in addition to the stuff on it. Love braided rugs.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  05:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Today, my table will be covered with paperwork....time to do the taxes. Ugh!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  09:20:28 AM  Show Profile
Dirty dishes, my dd's college notebooks etc., dd's binder that contains her horse info she keeps, folded laundry, a newspaper, sharpies the kids got out of my closet for a school project and didn't return them, flash cards, an oil lamp, and an empty napkin holder.

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Whats on your kitchen table right now? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page