Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  2:44:11 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Joanne! So happy to have you here with us! I'm originally from Sacramento, and I sure miss "back home". One of my all time favorite restaurants is Awful Annies in Auburn. Do you ever go there?? I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  2:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Also......Is there a thread started about a Farmgirl Christmas Boutique?? Did I miss it?? I looked under the holiday heading, but didnt see anything.

--
Go to Top of Page

babs
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Babette
MN
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  12:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Excuse me, hello :)
I was just wondering if the swappage will be explained at some point, or maybe I missed it?
Are we making a particular type of apron, or is this to be decided among the partners?

Sorry, a little new to swaps, but I'm a hopeless apron addict. :)

Babs

Country Egg
www.countryegg.com
Go to Top of Page

Wood Bee Farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Joanne
Folsom California
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  1:21:20 PM  Show Profile
Luann, bot only have we been to Awful Annie's in Auburn but now their is another Awful Annie's newly opened in Lincoln! Lincoln? That tiny cow poke of a town with the old off again on again pottery factory, Roseville Pottery now so collectable that the Factory is historical, putting Lincoln on the map. We use to live 5 miles from town out past the tiny airport, eight years with ten acres of pasture for cattle. We had chickens with real eggs, beef while we were not vegetarians and even a horse and goats. Our children were betwwen 3 and 12 while we lived out there so we got the best years for them on a "farm". My husband tried the Mitlieter, raised bed gardening method which turned out to be alot of work just to set up. We had alot of flowers and a quince tree. It must sound funny to most of you actual, real, working farm gals out east of us but it was my taste of living sorta like on a farm. We drank cow's fresh milk, made butter and yogert, my husband did the bread making from whole grains he ground himself. Our kids learned alot in those years. We were right next plot to a private pond with a duck blind and full growth of trees, lots of wild bushes, rushes and cattails. Our elderly neighbors no longer hunted there and gave us free reign on it. We did not hunt either so it was a quiet wonderland that drew lots of wild birds, ducks, geese, etc. Onc my husband found an eglet stuck in a wire fence along the road, he saved him and we all took him to the pond where he probably belonged.
We once had a barn owl for a short visit, He or She had been standing in the middle of the road late at nite, I stopped thinking he would move but I think the car lites blinded him so I put a paper sack over him, held his feet and drove home so my family could see him up close. We had the "biggest" toad we thought, "in the world", my husband picked him uo the same way, in the middle of the road late at night. We all waited for warts to pop out all over him! Ha! The goat died, the horse was to big inspite of being the most gentle old gal. Turned out we were all too afraid to ride her, it was just too far up to the saddle! The chickens even eventually had to go as our beautiful bird dog got the flavor and we couldn't break her or give her away. My husband delivered them to the nearest little zoo where other chiclkens lived! Well as you see I am just a Wood bee farmgirl, had a nice taste with fond and fum memories then moved on
Roseville, the nearest city and our lives changed very much! that was all over 20 yrsw ago!!! My kids are almost as old as I am!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  1:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Joanne! It's so good to hear about your stories and life around Linclon/Roseville. I'm REALLY from Marysville, but most people don't know where that is so I say Sacramento, even tho I lived in Sac too for many years. I cant believe there's an Awful Annies in Lincoln!!! I remember stopping at the drive-in there(A&W) on our way back home from a day at Denios Flea market in Roseville. Great Fun!

Sorry girls, I know I'm off topic here, but it's so great to share memories with someone from back home!!

Please feel free to email me, Joanne. This is just great!!!

--
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  3:42:31 PM  Show Profile
I have eaten at Awful Annies too!! YUMMMMMMMMM!!! Auburn is one of my all time favorite towns for antiquing. I havn't been there in too long!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  3:48:49 PM  Show Profile
No way Jenny!!! That's too cool!! Maybe we should start a new thread like this...Favorite places we've eaten at through out our lives!! Leave it to me to bring up a FOOD topic!!

--
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  7:42:41 PM  Show Profile
You know Tasha, some sicknesses are just not worth curing. I would say your apron illness falls into this category. As soon as I set my family room back to rights, I am getting out my sewing machine to make some aprons. I don't think I will ever catch up to you though. :) You are the queen!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  9:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Tasha is the apron queen, and Nancy Jo is our angel! What lovely ladies! I really don't know what I did without "ya'll"!!!!!

strawberries forever, gloria g.

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  10:01:58 AM  Show Profile
Babs,I will explain details when I post partners but if you have time go back and read all the post in this thread and it will give you an ideal.
Thanks for joining,
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  8:08:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I wish I had seen this earlier - have been away on a lovely holiday visiting my new little niece. Could I be in the next round, if anyone wants to go again (I would say that would be a yes!!!)
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  06:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Janye,
I needed one more so I put you in Please check the partner list.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  8:43:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Elizabeth - I already received an email from Karin!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  10:41:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad that you gave us until the end of January to get this done. With all the plans for the Christmas bazaar plus the holidays I would be going crazy if I had to get this done right away. I already have the idea in my head for Robin's apron and can't wait to go pick out fabric.

Handmade purses and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page