Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RWB Quilt block swap 5/15 closed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RWB Quilt block swap 5/15 closed Next Topic
Page: of 17

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  11:28:49 AM  Show Profile
Shirley, this has happened to me as well. I haven't joined another swap since but I'm sure I will eventually.
It's not the point that we didn't receive something, it's that these ladies were so insistent that we do this swap, then just blew it off. That's rude, insensitive and inconsiderate... especially since they have received blocks that we labored over.

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Words and hearts should be treated with care, for words when spoken and hearts when broken, are the hardest things to repair.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shirley
Beulaville North Carolina
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  08:16:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Marti & Diana for your kind words back to me, I just had to vent a little. Diana, I have other fabrics to make the rest of my blocks thank you for offering to send me some blocks. and Marti I agree with your statement. Guess that is why I was a little upset. Y'all have a very blessed day.

Shirley

The distance between friends is never too far
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  09:00:40 AM  Show Profile
Shirley Ann I would love to send you what I have as I already have a RWB quilt and really won't be making another.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Mar 14 2014 09:01:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shirley Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shirley
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  10:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Diana, Sent you an email.
Shirley

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  11:25:49 AM  Show Profile
Great

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Simply Silly
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Amy
Woodbine Georgia
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  5:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I tried to send a block to all that sent one to me. I hope I did not miss someone! Please let me know if I did! I really enjoyed meeting everyone - even if it was a very trying time last year. I am still working on my quilt. I ended up making a queen size quilt out of the blocks - added several borders. When i am complete, I will post a picture. Hugs to all my farmgirl friends! Amy
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  7:18:55 PM  Show Profile
I did receive your block hon, thanks for sending! I love the blocks I got and plan to put them together. It'll be smaller than I first anticipated but will still be awesome! :)

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Words and hearts should be treated with care, for words when spoken and hearts when broken, are the hardest things to repair.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shirley
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  09:25:00 AM  Show Profile
Yes Amy I did get your block
thank you.
Shirley

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  10:37:24 AM  Show Profile
Hay ya'll. I just made a post down in Stitches area but thought I would add it here also.

I am making a Quilt of Valor for a Vietnam Vet that lives right here on the ranch and I am asking for scraps or leftovers of red, white and blue fabrics. Any shade and size. I would sure appreciate it if you find some that you no longer need or want and could drop them in the mail to me. This is the nicest man and even tho he is not in the hospital to receive the official Quilts of Valor I want to make him one. I promise to stitch each piece with your love and thanks for keeping us FREE. When he gets it he will be told of all those that contributed to the quilt and from what area of the country the fabrics came from.

Thanks for your help and may God bless you. Just send me a note at phrdaizy@aol.com and I will send back my mailing address.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Shirley
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  09:07:43 AM  Show Profile
Daizy,
That is great, I have some red, white & blue fabric I'll be more then glad to send you. I'll email you for your address.
God Bless you.
Shirley

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RWB Quilt block swap 5/15 closed Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page