Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 New picture of Princess Puma.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic New picture of Princess Puma. Next Topic  

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  10:16:34 AM  Show Profile

Said he felt bad that he could 'buy' me anything for Christmas since he's currently not working. Said the best he could do was let me bring her in the house. My son named her Puma.
Hard to believe she was almost feral! She stayed in the bathroom for the first week. The second week I let her roam my bedroom and the bathroom and now almost a month later, she has full run of the house. She has been accepted by my herd (3 dogs and 2 other cats). It's all good.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com

Edited by - FARMALLChick on Jan 25 2013 12:37:55 PM

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  10:55:54 AM  Show Profile
Awe, is she solid black? My children had a black cat named Sammy and they just loved him. We had him and his brother for years, then one night he went missing. We later found out that the two other black cats in the neighborhood went missing the same night, it was close to Halloween several years ago. We still miss Sammy, he had such a fun personality!

Glad Puma has bonded with the whole tribe! and good job to the Hubby!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  11:13:31 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about your Sammy!

She has just a touch of white on her chest and a few white hairs in her ears. If the sunshine hits her just right, you can see tiger stripes. Her 'undercoat' is a smokey gray color. Should be interesting to she how she matures. She's about 12-13 weeks at this posting.

I had another black cat named Salem. He was a shelter cat that I had for years. I picked him because he had attitude! He always had tummy issues but he was my baby! He would just be lying down doing nothing and when he would get up there would be a poo puddle. The whole time we had him, we could never figure out what it was. I made so many trips to the vet with him it was unreal. We tried every kind of food, even homemade, different litters, herbs and meds. I finally had to make the decision to have him put down a few years ago. I could tell by the look in his eyes, he'd had enough. I miss him still. He too was such a character. I think that's why my hubby let me have Puma. He knew how much I missed Salem.

Lora

www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  2:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Awe Lora what a cute kitten and love the name. I have a black cat named Peep. We originally named him pepper but he has such a quiet soft meow he just ended up with the nickname Peep. He is so gentle and sweet and he is also totally black.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2013 :  8:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Lora, Puma is such a cutie! Thanks for showing her sweet kitty face.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  04:02:55 AM  Show Profile
How cute is Puma?! What a sweet gift.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  07:14:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh Lora! She's beautiful! We have a seven month old kitty and boy does she bring joy to us! Congratulations and what a sweet DH you have.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  3:50:20 PM  Show Profile
HI Lora, What a really cute kitty, I wish you many,many years together. And what a great guy you are married to, Puma is so much better than any store bought gift he could have got.Karla
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  12:36:52 PM  Show Profile

This is Miss Puma learning about chickens. I took her in the keeping room to see the chicks and she was scared to death of them!

www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  3:12:30 PM  Show Profile
Lora, too cute! Puma is filling out. Thanks for the picture. I have a inside cat that is afraid of her own shadow. But, I love her so much!
Hugs to Puma.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2013 :  11:30:34 AM  Show Profile
The little princess is going in for surgery tomorrow. She's started her heat cycle already and she's only 4 months old! Going to get it taken care of now so the males outside do spray all over my porch and front door. Luckily she won't be mad at me because my husband is going to be the one taking her in. He's not a cat person - he just tolerates.

www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic New picture of Princess Puma. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page