Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Printable Fabric Sheets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Printable Fabric Sheets Next Topic  

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  12:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey sisters. I was going to make my own printable fabric sheet for an apron I'm making but read where they are more color fast for washing if they are treated with an ink fixative. You can buy premade printable sheets but I've never seen them. Are they at Staples or Walmart and would they be in the sewing section or office supply?

Farmgirl #522

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  4:26:28 PM  Show Profile
I've seen them at Walmart and Joanns. I did see them a while back at the office supply store....thinking it was Office Depot in the office supply section with all the printable cards, business cards, iron on's for t-shirts etc. Good luck in your search. The sheets work great!

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/
http://littlehouseonthebumper.blogspot.com/ (My "glamper" page)

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

bluebellequilts
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Teresa
Georgia
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2013 :  8:24:03 PM  Show Profile
You can find them @ Joann with the quilting notions. Be sure to get the one made for the way you intend to use the image - iron on transfer, sew-in, fusible, etc.

They are a bit pricey at full retail, so get a coupon or wait for a sale, if you can.

I've had the best results with my HP printer using the sew-in ones from Printed Treasures.

My favorite way to make printable fabric sheets is to DIY using Bubble Jet Set, freezer paper and my favorite color Kona cotton.
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2013 :  6:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, hope to find some this weekend.
Teresa thanks for the tip, I ordered some Bubble Jet Set and I did find the printable fabric sheets at Joann's. Now to find time for the project !

Farmgirl #522

Edited by - neeter302 on Jan 24 2013 07:22:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  11:36:33 AM  Show Profile
Hey Anita,
sorry I didn't see this post earlier...
I bought my 'printable' sheets at Staples.... but yes, you can find them at Joanns and Walmart...
I have seen the printable 'fabric' sheets as well, but that being said,,, I have not looked for them in over a year.
They are pre-cut cotton fabric bonded to a stiffner type backing... so you can run it through the inkjet printer.... which prints directly on to the fabric as opposed to printing onto a iron on paper sheet... I have never tried the printable cotton sheets and they were more expensive then the iron one ones... but they may be more durable...washing wise...
The iron on ones can't be ironed over once applied.
Just a thought!
Have fun...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Printable Fabric Sheets Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page