Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 whey protein and Smoothies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic whey protein and Smoothies Next Topic  

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  04:07:11 AM  Show Profile
I was reading in first magazine that and increase in protein intake could help with increasing energy and possible weight loss. I live off grid but run my generator 2-3 times a week. I would love to try making Smoothies with whey protein and freeze them in small batches for use when I can't run the generator. Does anyone think freezing these will hurt the protein or should I just make the Smoothies and add the whey when I thaw one out?

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  06:52:13 AM  Show Profile
I use the whey protein shakes as meal replacements to lose weight. I do not reccomend freezing them. They tend to seperate and spoil pretty quickly. I ore mix only for lunch. I will make them in the morning and take it to work for lunch. After that you may be risking food poisening.

I don't blend my shakes in the blended. I use a shaker cup and crushed ice. Gives a thicker more filling shake without using power.

Good luck
Artti
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  08:11:24 AM  Show Profile
So basically mix the juice and yogurt. Freeze that and add the whey when I thaw out the mixed stuff

Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  10:26:54 AM  Show Profile
I think that would work. Your huge and yogurt would act like crushed ice. Then add the whey powder into a blended cup and shake.

I also add my protein powder to cold coffee and pour over ice. Taste like a latte style coffee drink.

There are lots of things you can add your powder to. Like I said, I use them as meal replacements. So I do the coffee mid in the a.m. then for lunch mix it with almond milk. Then I eat a high protein/lowcarb dinner. If I get hungry during the day I eat raw veggies or a piece of cheese.

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  11:10:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks.