Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Peacock colors themed wedding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Peacock colors themed wedding Next Topic  

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  07:04:53 AM  Show Profile
Calling all farmgirls for ideas!!!

My daughter is getting married in a little over 6 months. We're making everything and would love any ideas you have. She's going with a peacock theme and the green and blue colors of peacock feathers.

We've been looking through pinterest and other sites but I know y'all will have great ideas!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  10:00:02 AM  Show Profile
oh four weddings (a show on TLC) there was a girl who did it awesome! And her mom made her dress too! Her skirt to the dress was white peacock feathers...there's not very good photos of the actual reception here but here's a few pics on her fb

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.193271157362586.42447.146856385337397

I wish she you could find the episode though, it was season three ep 7! So if you can figure out how to find that one she did awesome with the peacock theme.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  5:07:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info., Heather! I'll search Hulu for the episode.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  7:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Doing peacock feathers is an obvious (and beautiful!) choice, but you could also have some fun with the more abstract idea of peacocks -- primping and pruning. Table favors could include pretty little mirrors.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1690 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1690 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  2:52:34 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, You ccould printout a peacock on card stock for placesetting cards, with a fake peacock feathers and the blue and green ribbon with crystals you could make napkin holders. If you can't find peacock feathers at Hancocks, Jo-Ann's or Hobby Lobby you might be able to wing it with those long feather boa wraps and use those feathers. You could also by those clear votie glasses (got a case for my daughter's weddings bought the clear color rocks filled bottom a little with say the blues and greens add a votie or flowers. Glue the feathers on the sides just some ideas. I found the glass votie jars by the case at garden ridge. This is down my way, but maybe they have one in north Houston. Just some ideas since I did both of my daughter's weddings and saved a bundle.
Laurie

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Aprons and More by Laurie is on my FB page. www.facebook.com Aprons and More by Laurie/2487022
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  3:55:41 PM  Show Profile
@Laurie....wonderful ideas. We have been Blessed by another farm that we do business with...They raise peacocks and peahens and they gave us over 200 full length peacock feathers!!!! It was their wedding gift to my daughter. So sweet!

We frequent our local Goodwill to catch good buys and this past week we racked up on clear vases of various design and size for 25 cents a piece!

So, we're definitely gonna put a feather or two and ribbon on the vases. We haven't decided yet about floating candles or clear rocks. These will be incorporated into the table centerpieces.

I love the idea about the cardstock and napkin holders.

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  4:22:30 PM  Show Profile

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1690 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1690 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  5:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, so glad that you were blessed and given all those peacock feather. Glad you liked my ideas. Anytime.
Laurie

Diana, beautiful wedding picture. Great colors

"Smile and be yourself everyday"
Country girl at heart
Laurie

Aprons and More by Laurie is on my FB page. www.facebook.com Aprons and More by Laurie/2487022
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2013 :  9:28:56 PM  Show Profile
Diane, such beautiful wedding pictures. I love the colors!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  08:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Oooh!! I know a little bit about this I just got married a little over 2 weeks ago, and Peacocks were a BIG part of the theme. I even had a "train" (kind of a mini bustle) made of peacock feathers with a peacock colored (meaning all the colors of a peacock in layers) piece of tulle streaming down. I had a birdcage veil that I added a curl of peacock feathers to, used peacock feathers to decorate our toasting glasses, a peacock feather in the cake topper, and my MOH found the most ADORABLE peacock gift tags at Christmas time that I set at each table.

Feel free to email me and pick my brain, I'd be happy to help!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2013 :  11:17:03 AM  Show Profile
I wanna see pics!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  07:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Oh what a fabulous idea for a theme!!!!! I did my own wedding years ago. I think it is the best way!!

Many Blessings- Alicia
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9374 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9374 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  12:48:33 PM  Show Profile
My cousin's son just got married on Saturday and they used peacock feather's (the eye part)for the groom and groomsman and dad's to wear in place of flowers. The Mom's had peacock feathers (same part)incorporated to their corsages. Was really quite beautiful.

At another wedding we attended last year they used peacock feathers in the centerpieces. They were just beautiful!

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  07:13:13 AM  Show Profile
I have a complete peacock themed wedding in boxes in my garage. My daughter canceled her wedding two weeks before the date. I could take photos and if you wanted anything, I could surely send it your way.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Peacock colors themed wedding Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page