mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  11:43:35 AM  Show Profile
My son, Jamie, paints cars, trucks, boats, you name it. We fixed up part of our barn so he could do some work on the side to make extra money. He picked up a badly beaten up truck to paint from Jersey the end of August and told the people it would take him 6 to 8 weeks to complete it because of all the attention it needed. He finished it yesterday and was it beautiful! Red. He called the people at about 11:30a and told then he would be arriving at about 2p. They said fine. He pulled into their driveway and out of no where the husband pulled in right behind him in their car. The wife came out of the house with a gun. Jamie was out of the truck when she came out. She pointed the gun to his forehead and , with a few explicit curse words, told him to get off their land and that they were not going to pay him. He just stood there and said what again. This time, she pulled the gun from his forehead and pointed it towards the sky right next to his ear and pulled the trigger. She said, see, it's loaded and I'll get you next time! He started running down the road. My youngest son, Andy, who lives about 30 minutes from there, was on his way to pick him up to bring him back up here but didn't know what had happened. My daughter called him and told him to hightail it down there but to be looking for Jamie on the side of the road as he was hiding. Andy found him and took him to the police.

The police took Jamies statement and went to the peoples house where they were SITTING in their newly painted truck. They made them get out of the truck where they denied even knowing someone with my sons name. But then they started getting belligerent with the police. Unbeknownst to any of them, one of their neighbors saw the whole thing and had actually called the police as he thought they shot my son. They were arrested for a pre-meditated terrorist attack. They spent the night in jail.

They did this because they didn't want to pay the $1200 bill. They figured if they shoved a gun around his head and threatened him that he would be so scared that he wouldn't go to the cops. The detective called this morning and told us that they admitted to the whole thing. They also admitted to planning it.

So, we are all up here just Praising God that he kept our son safe and that he made it home okay! His angels were all around his head and the Lord was standing right next to him! I just wanted you all to know that hatred, crime, and pure ignorance is everywhere. We are blessed because this morning, we got to hug him! Susan

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  11:49:08 AM  Show Profile
Thank God! I know you were scared to death! But just thank God!

farmgirl hugs to you and your family, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  12:06:47 PM  Show Profile
HOLY COW!! What a nightmare!! Thank God he is okay. Wow.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  12:09:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Susan, what a scary thing to happen, your poor son, I bet he has a delayed reaction to this so be watching him. What were those people thinking? Did they really think the police would not be told. So glad for your family that all turned out the way it did.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  12:10:06 PM  Show Profile
Good lord!! What is the matter with people?!!! I am so glad he is home and okay. It makes you shudder to think that there are people so completely crazy out there! Wow is right.

Susan

Lovin' my life
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  12:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Susan! Oh my gosh! I am so glad you and your sons are okay! Your area of the country is scary right now!
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  12:26:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank God he's OK!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  12:50:24 PM  Show Profile
I wonder how many other times these people pulled the same trick and got away with it. I bet more than once. Hurray for your son, being brave enough to call the police.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile
Susan - How scary! I bet you never want to let him to go places alone again! I'm glad he's ok.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  1:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Susan,
That story made my heart skip a beat! I am so glad your son is alright! Praise the Lord!

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  4:48:22 PM  Show Profile
I have been watching him closely today. He keeps hugging me. I asked him if he had trouble hearing from the gun being fired right by his ear. He said he can hear okay....but he just keeps hearing the gun go off in his head. And yes, the police knew who the people were and what they were like even before Jamie had told the whole story of what happened. I also talked to Andy today and he said he had such a headache from the whole thing that he couldn't sleep last night. If not for the grace of God this could have turned out terrible. I have been saying thank you all day for his allowing my boy to be okay. Thank you for your thoughts. I've just about had enough of guns for one week. Love, Susan
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  4:59:17 PM  Show Profile
So they are already out of jail?????? That's just crazy to me. Do they know where your son lives??? Just be extra careful as I'm sure you are. So glad you can give your boy lots of hugs. Bless his heart, I'm so sorry you all have to go through such an ordeal. We sure live in a crazy, scary world. Be safe!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  5:18:58 PM  Show Profile
He needs to consult a lawyer about getting paid for his work, because he may be able to place a lien on the vehicle since they didn't pay him and he should be able to have the vehicle towed back to your barn until it's paid for.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  6:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thank God he survived this ordeal. i will be praying for you and your family, your part of the world has surely been through so much lately.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  7:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Well a big thank you prayer just went up from NJ. How awful that your dear sons had to go through this. The good Lord was certianly there for them. I have heard enough about guns for a lifetime. You poor dear Susan that you have had to go through all this, this week. I hope the bells in Lancaster Co. this am at 10:45 reminded everyone how precious life is. Thank You Lord for all you give us.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  8:35:31 PM  Show Profile
THank God your sons are both o.k. what a scarey thing to go through.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  04:46:18 AM  Show Profile
As I read what you wrote it sounded like something that could happen in the movies and thank goodness it had a happy ending.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  05:10:15 AM  Show Profile
Susan, I'm usually full ramblings but I hardly know what to say here. I am, obviously, so thankful your son is safe. I was breathless reading your post not believing what I was reading! I suppose I need to consider the Amish people in your community a little more because right now I'm feeling really, really angry at the people who so violently threatened your son and I want to see them severely punished for what they tried to pull off. To me, they represent a growing sentiment in our society whose actions display the diminishing value of life. I don't understand it at all and it makes me very very sad.. I'll be thinking of you and your family a great deal as you heal and find some peace!
Blessings, Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  05:31:28 AM  Show Profile
May many prayers and blessings be heaped upon your son. Please consider having him talk through this experience with a professional -- perhaps the police could help you in that regard. Also, will you be pressing charges against the couple? Besides getting paid for his work, your son needs to have some action taken against these people for his peace of mind. And isn't it assault with a deadly weapon??

Oh, my, I don't even know where to go with this in my mind, and you must still be in such shock. Who could imagine such people living in our fragile world?

Bless you and your family.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  06:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I was off the computer most of yesterday except very early mornign and very late night almost today. I didn't know this had happened I am sorry your son had this happen to him. I am so greatful to God that he was not harmed. Please all of you be extra careful for the time being as who knows what that couple will do to get even with you and the neighbors for calling the police.

Please be ever so careful.

Take care much love
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Oct 10 2006 06:56:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  06:17:56 AM  Show Profile
Susan-How scary and heart wrenching, thank goodness there was no worse outcome. I hope your son will be able to be compensated for his work and that there are no lasting complications from these dreadful people. It's never easy to understand why another person has lost their way and chooses a path filled with hatred and violence. The Amish in your own community have been an amazing source of inspiration this past week. I hope your family can find peace and put this behind you. Blesings to you all.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  10:41:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh Susan. I'm so thankful your son's experience didn't end tragically. You've had quite an emotion packed week... The Lord does reign.

Giving thanks,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  10:58:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi again Susan, My cousin just sent me this quote this morning and I thought of you: If the Lord brings you to it, He will bring you through it. So true?? Hang in there and hug your boy for all us Farmgirls!!!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  11:05:05 AM  Show Profile
They let the couple out of jail because the wife has MS and needed medical attention! And, no, they have absolutely no idea where we live. We have gotten a lawyer and a court date has been set. These two are not allowed to contact my son in any way, shape, or form or they will promptly be arrested again. All the churches around me rang their bells yesterday at 10:45a and we all stood outside and listened. What a blessing. Those bells were ringing for us, too. Susan
Go to Top of Page

shoptea
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Martha
SAINT ALBANS MAINE
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  5:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Susan, I am so sorry to hear that story about your son. thank goodness he is all right - my prayers are with you and your family.

http://www.villagehavenfarm.com
Country Farm Store - We carry Tea, Country Teapots,Goat Milk Soap and more and yes we even sell Goat Cookies!
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  7:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Jamie has not gone to work for the past two days. He isn't sleeping too well either. One of my cousins (male) is a counselor and I think he will be comfortable talking to him. He says when he closes his eyes he sees the woman coming towards him with the gun and he keeps hearing the gunshot in his ears. What truly amazes me is that this couple thought he would run away and forget what they did. This is far from over. At Jamies job, he is segregated from the other workers because their jobs are in another part of the building and he is expressing the fact that he is alone all the time. He got the newspaper today and started looking for another job where he will be with other painters. (He's the only one in this shop). When you come from a big family you get used to noise and chatter and companionship and I think he misses this when he works. Thank you all for your prayers for him. I know he's going to be just fine. Love, Susan PS: Luzy, that quote is just wonderful and true, isn't it! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic My son's close call Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page