Author Holidays: Previous Topic YAY!!! Christmas Eve is here!! Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  07:13:54 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas Eve dear sisters! What are your Christmas Eve plans?? What are you cooking today? I love Christmas and I'm bouncing around like I'm a 5 year old

It's snowing here so I'm planning to ambush my hubby with a snowball when he gets home from work Otherwise, I'm making pasta Alfredo, a big green Christmas salad and low carb eggnog cheesecake for a sweet finish. At a little before 8pm we always open our gifts from family members, and at eight we give a toast to friends and family and then the phone calls start as we wish everyone a Happy Christmas

I've decided that this year we'll be adding another tradition to the list. We love the original Grinch cartoon and so we'll be watching that to finish off the evening while we cuddle in quilts on the couch

BIG Christmas hugs and wishes for a very Merry Christmas!!!

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

lwm
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Loralie
Duncan AZ
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  07:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Dinner tonight is pork chops. I plan to go Christmas caroling with my daughter & her family.
I enjoy the orig. Grinch cartoon too. I get to watch it at least 4 times each Dec. as I watch it individually with each of the 4 grandchildren that live nearby.
Such fun!
Merry Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  07:32:14 AM  Show Profile
Our Christmas eve meal is always homemade pizzas. This year my son, who loves making homemade beer, will be joining us, so we will be testing some of his homemade concoctions as well.

We are also going to try making rosettes for the first time.

And we will be delivering baskets of homemade goodies to all of our neighbors today.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  08:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Just finished a lovely breakfast of pumpkin coffeecake with streusel topping my daughter made . YUM!! . . with fruit, yogurt and coffee. My son-in-law is going running as he is in training for a marathon. My hubby will hang out at home with our son and Robin and I are going on a little drive to the Pleasant View Mercantile to check on my apron display and I wanted to show her this country store.
Lunch will be "each for his own". Then my hubby is making Kung Pao Pork for supper tonight . . and probably a movie.
We all went to the theater last night to see "The Hobbit" . . enjoyed that but we are Hobbit/Lord of the Rings fans.
Tomorrow is the last day my daughter and SIL will be here . . . but enjoying the time they are here!
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  09:53:14 AM  Show Profile
Tonight is a kid-free night as theatrical are all with their other parents. So my adult family is coming over. I am making prime rib roast, baked potatoes and eclair dessert. Tomorrow all the children come home and we open presents and go to grandma's house.

We will play board games and jigsaw puzzles. But we do not have television, so we will spend lots of time with family.

Very quiet traditions around here. I love it.

Arttie
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  10:06:23 AM  Show Profile
We are headed to our stepson and DIL about 100 miles away for their loud, very populated annual Christmas party and leaving by 9 PM so that we can get to our home church for 11PM service (my favorite of the year). Tomorrow we will attend the neighborhood Christmas dinner.
Whatever you are all doing, many wishes for a happy Christmas. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  1:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas Eve Annika. Merry Christmas Eve to all of the wonderful MJFarmgirls!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  2:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Annika - your effervescent joy and enthusiasm is making my heart bubble over as well! I wish I could be there to dance with you and throw a few snowballs! How fun! Merry Christmas to you and your hubby!!! Merry Christmas to ALL! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  5:28:10 PM  Show Profile
Sitting in front of the wood stove, warm and cozy listening to classical Christmas music with my DH. We opened our gifts to each other and now I am waiting for the wind to blow the windchimes that my DH made for me. In the morning we will go into town bright and early for breakfast with kids and grandkids and to exchange gifts and to see what Santa brought the kids. Great fun.

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic YAY!!! Christmas Eve is here!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page