Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  4:29:35 PM  Show Profile
I am sure by now the majority of our farmgirls have heard or have been through this horrific hurricane named "Sandy". I have seen much destruction here on Staten Island and other places. It's amazing how everyone says people don't care about others anymore, or people aren't friendly like years ago. Those comments are so common now a days that it made you feel as though it were true. But, seeing how everyone from all over the country have come together to help out strangers in an extremely difficult time, makes you wonder - there are great, sensitive, warm, friendly, giving and more giving people in this world than you know. I just want to say "THANK YOU" TO ALL who have helped, prayed or just listened to all the heartaches out there caused by Sandy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You will not be forgotten.

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  8:18:29 PM  Show Profile
Joan, I've followed the news on Hurricane Sandy. I am sorry you had to experience such wrath. As you do, I know the kindness you're referring to. People are good at heart, it's just as you said. Take care. Keep us posted. I think if you'd post this thread in "Across the Fence", more of the girls would read it.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  05:42:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Joan,

I am so sorry that Hurricane Sandy hit your area so horribly hard. We knew so many people directly hurt by this storm. We were in NYC on Sunday and I was shocked to see some of the damage first hand as we were driving in by the harbor. It was a clear reminder of how it is a long way before so many will get back a sense of "normal", and how much was lost. A lot of those who lost everything are now living in housing in New Milford, CT, and in my town our schools and grocery stores are doing drives to help. To you, Joan, and those around you, you are all still in our thoughts and prayers, and it does warm the heart to see people helping others. Hang in there!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

BlackRabbit
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tina
Dallas PA
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  12:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Send BlackRabbit a Yahoo! Message
Anything you need Joan let us know. I think I speak for every farmgirl when I say its our duty to lend a helping hand.

live life with no regrets
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  1:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you tina, but we are all good. It was tough but not as horrible as people we know that lost everything. I will never complain again :/

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  5:09:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joan -

Glad to hear you are doing OK. Let me know if I can do anything for you or your family. How's the new grandbaby doing?

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  3:37:10 PM  Show Profile
Hiii Luanne, how are things? How is your mom doing? I miss writing to you! The little one is doing great. She is smiling and making noises alot now :)

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  3:20:14 PM  Show Profile
Just an update. I went back into the section of Staten Island that was hit the hardest. I took my mom with me because we still have to vacate her belongings since the Sandy. It still looks like a war zone, slightly better, but still depressing. My mom started crying and I felt so bad for her. It's just boggles my mind to see what nature (even though she is beautiful) can do :/

Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  7:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Joan, I feel for you and your Mom. And, yes, mother nature can shake things up. Hugs to both of you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  04:17:56 AM  Show Profile
My prayers are with you.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Hurricane Sandy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page