magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  07:07:55 AM  Show Profile
Witchy Farmgirls, I have read all 112 pages and decided to join in. I have the door open on my closet. Some members of my family just pretend that I am different, some know and ignore my beliefs. I am 60 yrs old and continue to read and learn. Mostly I read and take what I can agree with. I never was Christian, my family did not go to church regularly and when I got there I always felt left out, like being at a party and not knowing anyone, everyone is polite but you don't fit in. My DH of 27 yrs is supportive,helps out with house cleansing and smudging, and lets me go my own way. I use the works of Silver Ravenwolf and Scott Cunnigham. I try to buy my magcial supplies at the local Reniessance Festival, got a beautiful handmade besom there and most of my "rocks", incense, and my favorite statue, the Millenium Gaia came from from the TRF. My Yule celebration plans will be me and a bonfire, some good wine, probably Enya on the disc player and solitary mediation on the year passing and the year to come.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  10:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
that sounds lovely, except it would be Loreena MacKenna or Kitaro instead of Enya. i feel the same way, i follow the path that works for me, or at least i try. i have been straying lately and am using Yule as a chance to get going again. i use SC but have not seen any of SR, do have one Buckland but i don't resonate as well with him. DH took up the challenge and has been gifting me with all kinds of tools. he is good at concocting, which has saved me $$$. i made my besom a couple of months ago. couldn't find one i liked that i would pay for. so when a local broom historian/artisan offered a class i enrolled. and it was so much fun. plus i feel like it is really special since i did the work for me, thinking what i was making for the whole time.
i am not sure about a bonfire though, might be a woodstove fire. mite cold outside for a bonfire in this part of the country. :-)

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  10:11:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi , just saw your post. welcome!!! just jump in on the witchy thread and make yourself at home. glad you found us. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Erin Rock
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Erin
Grand Blanc MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2012 :  8:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome! It's nice to meet you

Erin Rock (sister #4131)
Tree Huggin'
Bunny Lovin'
Dirt Worshipper!
Go to Top of Page

AHillWife
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

El
Marshfield Missouri
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  10:08:37 PM  Show Profile
MM and Twilight Greet!

"Within every Woman there is a wild and natural creature, a powerful force, filled with good instincts, passionate creativity, and ageless knowing. Her name is Wild Woman but she is... an endangered species." - Women who run with the wolves
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Merry Meet Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page