Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Any Southern California Farmgirls?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Any Southern California Farmgirls? Next Topic  

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  12:58:34 PM  Show Profile
Any farmgirls or chapters in the southern California area? I've settled in from our move down here enough where I'd like to start doing some extra activities. I'm in Inland Empire area. I've really got the hankering for a crochet group or gals to volunteer different places with. Anyone local? :)

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
www.pinterest.com/jodieliza

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  10:23:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to Mjf Jodi from one Calif gal to another! I now live in the Midwest area for the last couple years.

Think there are a few So Cal girls on the forums?

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  11:18:13 PM  Show Profile
I used to be, from Orange County, but moved away as soon as I could, heh. I think there are a few on here that are still down there, though. Good luck finding a group of close-by Farmgirls :)

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  4:12:54 PM  Show Profile
Lol, Natalie... I'll be moving as soon as I can, as well. I'm just down here for DH's schooling. Four years, then it's back to the country...and trees...for me. :)

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Soap Shop:
www.empirerosesoapco.etsy.com
Vintage Shop:
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  06:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jodi! There are a few of us down here in SoCal! I'm in Corona and have a group called the Knitty Gritty Farmgirls of the Inland Empire. We are on a hiatus right now because a few of us had babies right around the same time, but I'm looking to start back up really soon. If you'd like to, you can send me your e-mail address and I can contact you when I get us all back together. Oh and welcome, farm girl!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Mother Hen to The Knitty Gritty Farmgirls of the Inland Empire
http://fabulousfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  06:50:28 AM  Show Profile
Actually, I just checked out your etsy shop (cute) and noticed that you live in Redlands? One of my very best friends moved close to there last year, she used to be in my group. Her name is Heather, if you want I can give her your e-mail and you two can get together sometime, she taught me how to crochet so she might be the start of that crochet group you are looking for! ;)

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Mother Hen to The Knitty Gritty Farmgirls of the Inland Empire
http://fabulousfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  3:41:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh, wonderful, Melissa! I'll send you an email! I'd love to join up with your group when you get things started again. :) And I'd love to meet Heather, as well, if she's interested. I'll look forward to hearing from you. :)

Soap Shop:
Vintage Shop:
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  2:48:22 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Prairie Princess

Any farmgirls or chapters in the southern California area? I've settled in from our move down here enough where I'd like to start doing some extra activities. I'm in Inland Empire area. I've really got the hankering for a crochet group or gals to volunteer different places with. Anyone local? :)

www.jodieliza.etsy.com

Hi Jodie, I live in big Bear, before that I lived in Redlands for 40 years.

Pam

Stand for What's Right!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSZ8KGU/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2012 :  11:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Pam, Big Bear is gorgeous! We drove up there earlier this year... the desert down here doesn't compare! :) Anything fun I should know about in Redlands? I've gone to the Thursday Market Night... and Betty's Burgers is retro heaven! I haven't done too much exploring apart from that... suggestions? :)

~Jodi

Soap Shop:
Vintage Shop:
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2013 :  5:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jodi,
I just moved to Hemet last October (2012) and would love to meet other IE Farmgirls. My watercolor art class is planning a trip to the Lavender Festival in Cherry Valley in June. Interested? We could meet up for a picnic.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

beaglemama
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Andee
Mission Viejo CA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  7:32:18 PM  Show Profile
New here to the chats but live in Orange County. I'm an urban/suburban girl at heart. Would love to know of any kindred spirits near me.

:)

All children are gifted. Some just open their packages a little later.
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  7:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Andee,
I lived in Anaheim for over 50 years then lived in Irvine for 5 years. Now I am retired and live near my sister in Hemet in Riverside County.
Nice to meet another CA Farmgirl.
Terri
Farmgirl # 4720
Go to Top of Page

beaglemama
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Andee
Mission Viejo CA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  7:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Terri,

Nice to meet you too. Would love to discover some other South OC ladies.

Andee
Farmgirl # waiting for my number :)

All children are gifted. Some just open their packages a little later
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  8:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi again Andee,
I am afraid there aren't a lot of Farmgirls in SoCal. I am thinking of trying to start a chapter here in Hemet. I mentioned Mary Jane's Farm to a lady at church last Sunday and she had actually heard of it before!! She is good friends with another lady at church who has a small ranch/farm and even a barn. She said she wasn't good on the computer so I need to figure out how to start a group anyway and then I can report back to the forums and other groups on behalf of them. There are small farms, horse people and even buffalo/bison here. I need to find those farmgirls and get them together. You may have to do the same. Get an apron, put it on, and you go girl!!
Best wishes finding sisters.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  04:22:44 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like a good plan Terri!! Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes. Myself I put up a sign at the Tractor Supply and haven't heard from anyone yet. Just waiting for the right girls is what it is. We have a gathering this weekend of ladies. I'll keep everyone posted.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Any Southern California Farmgirls? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page