Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Tucker my cat has passed-pictures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Tucker my cat has passed-pictures Next Topic
Page: of 2

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  1:09:00 PM  Show Profile
I have been looking for a beloved cat for over 2 weeks. We rescued him from the side of the road 4 years ago. We spent a small fortune to save him and many trips to a vet that specialized and solved his problem. It took over a year to get this little guy well. He liked to trail hike with us and was such a wonderful spirit, I loved him with all my heart.

Last night my husband found him on the neighbors property with a broken neck and laying in the water. I feel like I am dying inside and can't hardly get through the day. I don't mean to post and be such a downer but I can't stop crying.This is the first pet that I have ever lost in 32 years to fowl play.It makes me sick.
We buried our baby today. I am still in shock but glad we at least were able to bury him with our other furbabies and have closure. Rest in peace my sweet friend.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Here is a picture of my Tucker. The one where we are sitting on the bench is out on the trail on the farm. We were taking a rest on the bench enjoying the woods. This was his favorite thing to do and lay on my lap. R.I.P. my sweet Tucker.

Edited by - wooliespinner on Dec 04 2012 07:00:59 AM

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  1:20:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda, it is never easy to lose a beloved pet, but especially to something so horrible. I would love to know who did that to your beloved boy--some backwoods justice is just what they need. I'm angry and sad, right along with you. Your heart must surely be broken, because I know you, and that heart has had a lot of furry creatures walk across it over the years.

Thinking of you.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  1:54:01 PM  Show Profile
I am heartbroken over your sadness. Like Jonni said, it is never easy to lose a beloved pet but to lose one in such a way as you did infuriates me. I don't know if your sweet kitty was killed by the hands of a human, but if he did, it makes me disgusted that people can be so cruel.

Linda, I am so sorry for your loss. I am thankful that you were at least able to bury him so you don't have to wonder what happened to him.

R.I.P sweet Tucker.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  2:13:17 PM  Show Profile
Linda, what a terrible thing. My heart goes out to you and you and your husband. Tucker had himself a good loving home with you. I pray that will be of some comfort to you.
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  2:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Linda, please accept our sincere sympathy on the loss of Tucker. My daughter and I literally just came in from burying our pet snake who died during the night. Tonight as I try to sleep I will picture Tucker and Lilly Belle crossing the rainbow bridge together. What a vision. It brings a smile to my tear stained face. God bless you and your family.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  4:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I am so sorry for the loss of Tucker. But I am also very angry if he died at someone else's hand. They will answer for that.
Tucker I know is happily playing in a wonderful beautiful field. I pray the Lord will give you comfort. Hugs to you.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  4:49:02 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I am so sorry for your loss. Like Marlee, I also am very angry if he died at someone else's hand! That makes me super angry. My heart breaks for your loss of Tucker. Hugs to you. I know how you feel, loosing a beloved pet hurts a lot.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  4:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies I truly appreciate your kind words. It does my heart good for all your support.
I just wish the pain in my head and heart would stop. Hopefully tonight when I go to bed maybe I will fall asleep and I can escape the pain for awhile. I know over time this pain will lessen. I wish I could fast forward my life about 6 months.

Connie I had seen your post after I came in from putting Tucker to rest.Once again I am so sorry for the both of you. Your vision sounds very nice. I will try to picture that too. Thanks so much and God bless your family too.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

emtfarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Darlene
North Carolina
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  5:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Linda, I am so sorry. I am crying with you and I'll gladly keep you in my prayers.

Darlene

"Support your local fire departments and rescue squads...volunteers making a difference"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  6:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm crying thinking of poor Tucker and your heartbreak. I'm so sorry, it's so awful to find a pet like that and not know what happened. I love my fur babes so much and I can tell that you do too, and I'm angry and sad at the same time for poor Tucker and want a few moments out behind the barn with the culprit and a big shovel! Please know that you're in my thoughts and that I'm sending big farmgirl hugs and my sincere sympathies.

Hugs n' cookies =}

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  6:20:53 PM  Show Profile
sending hugs and love to you. it is a very sad thing. we are all here to support you.

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  7:05:36 PM  Show Profile
I have been blessed enough to have met Tucker, & he was such a handsome & sweet kitty. I remember him sitting in Linda's lap adoring her like no other. He was a very handsome boy. Linda is not only MY frined, but also a friend to all those furry & feathered. Sleep tight Linda!
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  04:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could ease your heartbreak.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  06:00:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh Linda, I am so, so sorry for your loss of Tucker. He sounds like he was a good, sweet kitty and was blessed to have found you. It is just heartbreaking to lose a furbaby. Big hugs and prayers your way.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  06:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Linda, I'm SOOOOO SORRY!!! It just hurts when we lose our pets. And, I can't even find words to express how I feel about cruelty!
It also makes my heart sink . . . because right now I'm worried about my kitty, Skye, who went missing Saturday. I haven't seen her since. There's a thread in "Across the Fence" about "The Queen . . . has gone missing . . again" that is about her tale. Just at a loss!

I'll be praying for your heart and your head!
Hugs!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  07:16:16 AM  Show Profile
He was such a handsome fellow, Linda. My heart aches for you. I woke up this morning really angry--it's so distressing to me that someone, living near you, is that callous and cold. I hear about it all the time, and working at the rural shelter in Pendleton County we saw a lot of cruelty, but I never understand it.

What a lovely boy--I hope you always hold him in your mind's eye just like that.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  07:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Linda I am so sorry, my pets are like my children also, I can't believe people can be so mean and heartless, I wish there was something we could to take away your pain, you are in my thoughts. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  08:10:18 AM  Show Profile
linda i am so sorry to read this...saddened by teh horrible loss....words and hugs are not enough.....

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  08:33:08 AM  Show Profile
What a handsome kitty! I love that he went hiking with you!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  4:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Awww hugs Linda. It sounds like fowl play but do you think maybe it was an accident or some type of predator? I know your heart is hurting, I'm sorry for what you are going through. The pictures are so pretty of your kitty and you too.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  7:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Linda, thanks for putting the picture of Tucker. He was a handsome fellow. Hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  9:28:40 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
I am so sorry to hear of your beloved cat's passing,he was so incredibly handsome.
I really do know what you are going through,on October 21st we had a house fire that killed all four of our cats and I have cried every day since,our fire occurred in the middle of the night and the house burned so fast that my Husband,Daughter and I got out just in time,a few minutes more and we wouldn't have but there was no time to get our cats and I am just heartsick about it every day.
It's incredibly hard to lose a beloved pet under any circumstances but so devastating and severing when you lose them to traumatic circumstances such as what happened to your beloved Tucker and our house fire,I pray that you'll find comfort and peace soon,I know it's awful hard right now,I'm not yet there either.
Here is our Tiddle kitten that we lost in the fire.

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Nostalgic Needleworks http://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicNeedleworks
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  05:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Linda, so sorry to hear about your precious Tucker. My prayers for you for strengh and comfort.

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  08:37:34 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry Kathryn. I sympathize with you totally. Time is the best healer and right now its too raw for both of us more time needs to pass. I am so sorry your housed burned down but glad you all made it out.
We suffered a house fire in 1997 but had time to get out and the fire department put it out. We were very lucky it was a slow moving fire in the attic and we woke up in time to get help.It started about 3 oclock in the morning so the fire deparment was able to get here pretty fast considering we live out in the middle of nowhere.

Your kitty sure is a sweet little kitten. Once again so sorry for all your losses.Peace and Hugs to you.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  08:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Tiddle's a cutie too.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  6:50:25 PM  Show Profile
Dear Linda, I am so very sorry for your loss of Tucker. It is hard enough losing a dear pet, but to lose one to foul play is beyond anything I can imagine. I second backwoods justice. Prayers and thoughts for you and your family. Karla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Tucker my cat has passed-pictures Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page