Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Violet's pink Christmas tree with doily tree skirt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Violet's pink Christmas tree with doily tree skirt Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  10:51:53 AM  Show Profile
My mom decided Violet needed her own Christmas tree in her room this year (and, it's good timing because this kid is INTO Christmas this year!). She gave me a lot of the ornaments that we used to hang on the tree when I was a little girl, and I decided that since the tree was pink, we didn't have to be "too" traditional, so I found a lovely embroidered table scarf in my trunk o' linens and it worked out nicely. Violet is very happy with her tree and wants it left on all night as a night light. Do you put up trees in your kiddo's rooms? I recall seeing a Country Living one year where this gal had a tree up in almost every room. I'm not that crazy, but I'll admit, it's nice in her space.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  12:52:38 PM  Show Profile
My goodness, Jonni, Violet has grown up so much. I admit i am not on the forum as much as I used to be. Just need to check in occasionally to see my farm friends.
I love the pink tree in her room. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  1:01:31 PM  Show Profile
Love the pink Christmas tree. And your daughter so sweet looking. I bet you guys will have a wonderful Christmas...

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  1:16:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Marybeth! How good it is to hear from you! Yes, she's so grown up--too fast, and I keep reminding myself that we'll never get these days back, to savor each and every little moment.

How are you? I'm not on that often, but I do pop by and do the same. So glad you said "hello".

Dorinda, she is ALL about Christmas this year! I'm really looking forward to celebrating with her. She gave me rapid fire questions all day yesterday, based on the Caillou Christmas special she was watching. I was cleaning the bathroom and she came into the door way and said, "Mahmee? Can we cut down a Christmas Tree?" "Yes, Violet." "D'okay. Can we send out cards that say 'Merry Christmas'"? "Yes, Violet, I have them ready to go." "D'okay. Can we get a calendar that you open a door for each day until Christmas?" "You mean an Advent Calendar like the one sitting on the piano?" "Oh. D'okay." and she walked off :) Almost 4 is a really fun age!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Violet's pink Christmas tree with doily tree skirt Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page