levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  10:23:41 AM  Show Profile
Oops that was supposed to say that it DOES weaken the fabric after awhile.
Go to Top of Page

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  10:50:33 AM  Show Profile
I checked this book out from the library, and I didn't really like it a whole lot. It had good stuff in it, but I really like Annie Berthold Bond's book "Better Basics for the Home" more. It not only has really good cleaning recipes in it, it also has bath/body recipes, and some others. It's the only book of it's kind I'll ever need.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  10:51:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you all. I started making my own laundry detergent (liquid) last year and my dh just sort of humoured me, but now he brags aboout me at the office. It's really no big deal, but I wish more folks would do these things. I almost killed myself with an industrial strength chemical cleaner for my nasty fiberglass tub and he told me to stop using that stuff. Now I make my own tub and tile cleaner and it works better and is non-toxic and smells good. Cleaner is much more fun (if that is possible) and things smell good when I'm done.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  9:22:56 PM  Show Profile
I have been thinking of going to all natural cleaning products lately. I think I will use up what I have and replace one product at a time with a natural cleaner. I really like the idea of not using all the chemical stuff. My house is also comfortably clean and not spotless. I couldnt and wouldnt want to live that way! Too much pressure and too much time.

Shelle
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  11:49:16 AM  Show Profile
I, too, am starting to change over to homemade and/or natural cleaners. I recently made the powdered laundry soap using Dr. Bronner's lavender soap. Smells heavenly. I love anything lavender. In fact, I have decided to make some of these cleaners for gifts for my friends in the Cast Iron Butt Club. My gift philosopy is pick out one thing and get the same thing for everyone in their specific color. So for my sister-in-law, I made the lavender soap and put it in a turquoise container.

I haven't tried anything but the laudry soap yet. I'm kind of afraid that stuff will be too expensive and won't really do the job. I quess the media has really brainwashed me.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Organic Housekeeping Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page