Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Looking for an apron pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Looking for an apron pattern Next Topic  

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  7:52:19 PM  Show Profile
This is going to be kind of an odd request because I can't really find a good picture of what I'm looking for but some of you may remember the apron that was worn by Mama on the show "Mama's Family". It's somewhat simlar to one of MaryJanes but the top is a bit different and it's a bit longer. The shoulder straps go all the way down and attatch where the ties attatch to the apron.

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about and has any idea where I can get a pattern for that style of apron I would greatly appreciate it!

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  8:03:14 PM  Show Profile
I know what you are talking about, The closest I have is the Edwardian from sense and sensibility...you could draft your own pattern or buy that one and modify it...

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  04:32:39 AM  Show Profile
The one in MaryJanes book has straps that come down and attach in the back. I have not made it yet, but I did have it blown up and ready to cut and make. Once I make one, I will post so you can see if it comes close to what you are looking for.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  05:45:01 AM  Show Profile
I've been looking at the pattern I've got and I think I'm going to try to see if I can work it into what I'm looking for. I've neve been great at altering a pattern too much but I guess I'll just have to try...lol
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  5:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Good luck, Liz! I have altered a few apron patterns - they are fairly forgiving, a lot easier to fiddle with than a dress pattern. Often I just cut the shape I want freehand - it seems to work. Let us know how it works out - we can never see enough aprons!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Looking for an apron pattern Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page