Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Networking Next Topic  

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  10:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone know of any such situations as live/work farms? I am a free agent of sorts (no committments to family, home or work) and want to try living on a farm and working for my room & board or some kind of situation that would be helpful to all. I am in search of myself and want to try different things. I already quit my job and went traveling for 2 months and I am back to the beginning and am NOT HAPPY about it.
I am willing to work on a farm doing anything I am physically fit, 37 yo female and healthy. I am skilled at office management and bookkeeping. Do we have such a network in the FarmGirl family? Or does anyone have any tips/ideas/advice.
LOVE TO HEAR IT ALL!
-Cindy

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2006 :  09:04:05 AM  Show Profile
cindy .. i wish i had some definitie directions to send you ... have you thought of americorp? my daughter worked with a national park with americorp and had a great experience ... perhaps they have some 'farm' situations they can send you to.

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2006 :  10:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, this might be what you're looking for. http://mofga.org/Programs/FarmApprenticeships/tabid/502/Default.aspx

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  8:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much ladies! This is just what I needed - a few pointers in a direction any direction. I will look into both of these! I couldn't do Peace Corp because they require you to have a degree now. I do not. So this looks promising...these farms in Maine look amazing how they have this all organized. I wonder if other states do this...well, thank you again! I'll talk to you all soon.
love, Cindy
Go to Top of Page

jaimigirl
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Jaimi
Sequim WA
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  8:20:32 PM  Show Profile
WE'MOON, A WOMEN'S COMMUNITY IN WESTERN OREGON HAS A PROGRAM.-JAIMI
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  12:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Jaime! I'll look into it!
-Cindy
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Networking Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page