Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 It's Official! Garden Season is over!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic It's Official! Garden Season is over! Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  12:44:34 PM  Show Profile
Well,,, it's official,,, garden season (for me) is over... got our 1st real snowfall last nite...
Guess I will have to go to plan 'B'... stretch out on the davenport, with a stack of crafting books, a couple of furry kitties and cup of tea & burrow in for the Winter...
Howza bout you?

Wait! is that Christmas music I hear on my CD player? hahaha, I mean, HoHoHo!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  3:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Sure is pretty. We don't get much snow here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  3:37:05 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful picture of the snow. Thanks for sharing. That picture is about as close as I'll get to snow.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  3:50:51 PM  Show Profile
We are a house divided on snow. My husband loves cross-country skiing and was thrilled. I on the other hand am not all that fond of it plus I wanted to to a craft fair and a nearby town. Jim said the roads were clear so I go--after trying to remove about a quarter inch of ice that was under the inch or so of snow! On gardening--I've been reading about restarting plants from things in your fridge. If you use the tops of green onions in a dish you can put the bulb part in water (I think I let it stay till it got roots, then plant it in a pot the tops will continue to grow and you can use the green parts in recipes. I have been doing this for about 4 months (with the original bulbs). Then in my CSA I got a "living" butter lettuce. I used the leaves and since it has roots I put it in a pot and it's growing new leaves. Then I read that you can do the same thing with celery. Cut off the bottom--stick in warm water on the window sill for a day or so then put it in a pot (water the hole you make good) then cover with dirt and it will get stalks--not sure how long that takes but it's fun.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  02:17:51 AM  Show Profile
Wow, JoAnn those are some ideas that I have never heard before. So cool.

Grace, Plan B sounds pretty good to me. Just finished a knitting project and I get to pick out a new one. I have a project spread out across the kitchen table ... always my favorite place! Love being stranded inside!

marianne
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic It's Official! Garden Season is over! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page