Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 What does your group do that is unique
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic What does your group do that is unique Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  07:45:50 AM  Show Profile
I am from a very little town. We are trying to be creative and think of experiences, activities, etc to do for our own home town citizens and for friends and family that come to visit. Is there something that really goes over well in your community with friends, family or whole community?

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  4:07:11 PM  Show Profile
I am not really sure what you are searching for here but I will give it a shot. Something that we do with friends that we all seem to enjoy is gather around the fire pit and have a fire. We will cook something simple or do dessert only, or hot drinks. Someone might bring a guitar or banjo and play for us and/or we will all sing. it is something that we enjoy and have even done it for New years Eve and brought in the new year before.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  01:58:01 AM  Show Profile
One activity we used to do for a smaller crowd, not the entire town, was a progressive dinner. Appetizers at the first house, Soup or salad at the next house, main meal at the next and finally dessert...

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  6:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you gals have a lot of fun where you live. I will keep those in mind.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  6:05:37 PM  Show Profile
e-mail April Choate. She is our chapter leader. We have done some amazing things. Had meetings to learn about canning, breadbaking, all-about beef,Valentine making, quiltmaking and making a square foot garden. We also had a fantastic glamping weekend this September. Of course there is always good food and conversation.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3440 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3440 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  6:18:31 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie ...Sure does sound like you girls have fun where you are. Thanks for posting.

Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic What does your group do that is unique Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page