Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Obama Is Coming To MY Town!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Obama Is Coming To MY Town! Next Topic  

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  6:08:22 PM  Show Profile
Well, tomorrow you may see my fair "city" on national TV. President Obama is speaking here in Mount Vernon tomorrow! I would have tried to get tickets, but I have to work. He will be less than half a block from my house! You should see this town, its just buzzing! Fox News,ABC, etc. have been camped out in front of Cornell College since noon. My son and I walked up to the college to see all the commotion. He was fascinated with the satellite trucks. It started a very good discussion about the politcal process. Who knows, maybe he'll do a visit to my son's school. (They havent given out all the details of the visit and I figure stranger things have happened, so who knows? LOL!) At the very least, itll be a good story to tell my (future) grandkids!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama

April is Autism Awareness month. Autism affects 1 in 88 children (1 in 54 boys, including my son). Go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ to learn more and help Light It Up Blue on April 2nd!

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  06:06:09 AM  Show Profile
How very exciting, Stephanie! The President was about 3 minutes from my office a few months back but I couldn't get the day off--they announced it sort of quickly and I just didn't feel right about the last minute request, but you can believe I'm kicking myself. I'm thrilled for your community and hope that, regardless of their vote, people can be energized by his visit!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  07:08:07 AM  Show Profile
How lucky you are to have President Obama visit your town today! We have friends that live two blocks from his house here in Chicago, but I have not seen the President in person. It's great that so many people have taken such a strong interest in our political process.

Everyone who is registered should vote! No matter who or what we are voting on, it is civic duty and right to let our voices be heard.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Obama Is Coming To MY Town! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page