Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm back ...again =} Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  12:41:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi again! I've been gone from MJF since about last spring, I think. I've gone through a lot of major life changes in the last two years and have needed some time out from everything. My knee arthritis is something I've had to learn to live with, since I can't walk with out a cane now, which stinks! BUT I've lost 65 pounds and have about 30 left to go, I've had to do extensive pt for my leg and exercise a lot to keep it working. I've gone completely wheat and sugar free, and limit all kinds of other things both in my home and in my diet due to allergies. I had no idea that I was allergic to so many things and feel so much better with out all of that in my life. Healthy is the best feeling on earth! Sometimes you just need to stand back, look at your life and start pruning

Also I've fine-a-ly wheedled/pestered and coaxed my hunny into working toward an organic small farm with me. It's taken years! He is the most stubborn man ever! But he fell in love with the mini cows and that was that! We are going to raise and breed mini jerseys, heritage fowl and I'm going learn cob/straw bale construction so that we can build our own home. I have a bunch of plans to make income in the don't-put-all-of-your-eggs-in-one-basket sort of style, which I'm actually good at doing. Drew wants home-grown bacon, but I'm not sure I could handle piggies on my own unless I found some smaller breeds.

Since moving to Idaho, I've been at a loss as to what I want to do career-wise. I have all of these city theater and costume design skills and no way to use them to make a living here. But after living on a friends farm for the past decade and helping with the animals all of the time, there is SO much that I'd do differently. I find that I'm happiest on a farm. Learning to work on a farm with a cane has sure been an adventure, but I now know what I can do and what I can't...but I'm rambling as usual If people can run in the Olympics with prosthetic feet, then I can run a farm with a cane and a gimpy knee

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  1:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Back Annika! Its great to hear that you are doing so well, and that things are moving in a positive direction for you and Hubby!
I look forward to seeing your posts again!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  1:38:54 PM  Show Profile
ANNIKA!!!! HOW I'VE MISSED YOU!!! I was just thinking about you! With the turn of the seasons comes recipe exchanges, and I was thinking of all the great recipes you've shared that are in my recipe box... it made me smile and I thought - wow, it really has been a long time... I'm going to have to email her! And then - TA-DAAA! Here you ARE!! I am SO glad to hear you're doing well and SO excited to hear about the farm goals and SO happy to hear that you're as strong and as determined as ever to enjoy all life has to offer! "Seeing" you does my heart good - SO much good. I'm with Laurie - I look forward to seeing you more and more now that you're back! Gee - I'm just so tickled that you're back! Just TICKLED!!! Happy, happy, joy, joy!!! Hugs and lots of love to you, dear sister! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  1:45:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Annika! Wow, you have been up to a lot lately, but it all sounds very positive. You will have to post some photos as you begin to add critters to your small farm dream. I agree that it is so important to be doing what makes you feel happy and rewarded. Best of luck with your new plans!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  1:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Annika. So happy to hear you are finding peace in your new life. Congratulations on your weight lose I am sure it helps the knees.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  2:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Annika. Congrats on the weight loss. Good for you. Peace is, indeed, a wonderful thing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Annette Kath
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Annette
Carlock IL
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  8:21:00 PM  Show Profile
Dear Annika,

Welcome back! After reading your post, I am encouraged by your enthusiasm for your "new" life.

I live on a small farm with my husband and 4 children and have recently developed a deeper appreciation for our lifestyle and livelihood. Farm work is hard work but it's good work. I love it and I wouldn't want to change a thing!

Good luck with your future endeavors and keep us posted!

Annette
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  05:37:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back Annika!! I have been worried about you! I am so glad to hear things are doing well for you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  07:05:21 AM  Show Profile
its good to see you back here. i was wondering where you went. happy days to you sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  08:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
WELCOME BACK, Annika!
GOOD to hear from you and all the positive things happening in your life. Sometimes we have to do just focus on certain things and leave the rest on the back burner for a while.
YAY!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  08:21:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh Annika! Welcome back! Missed you, girl and so happy that you and your man have come together on something you BOTH can be happy doing!

Glad, also to know that your weight loss has made you feel a bit better--that arthritis sure is a mean thing.

Anyway, welcome, welcome and I can't wait to hear more!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  08:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Good to hear from you Annika! Sounds like you have lots of fun plans! You are such an inspiration for doing all that you do!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  09:25:59 AM  Show Profile
I missed all of you girls too! I was just thinking this morning about how so many of us have similar dreams and goals and how incredibly important it is to be able to pass on knowledge and skills that are over looked by main steam America. I've always cherished the old ways and old timey skills of our ancestors and love seeing those skills blended with the advancing green technologies and sustainable practices of today. It's really exciting to be able to really put all of my energy into getting ready to start my own farm. I'm such an organizational nut that I've already drawn out all sorts of plans and ideas for making the most efficient use of space and making it the easiest for me to get around to do everything that will need to be dealt with on my own for the most part as Drew will be at his job during the day.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm back ...again =} Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page