Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 New Home Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic New Home Page Next Topic
Page: of 2

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2005 :  7:19:46 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I just opened the connection and saw the new photo and the new info about Farmgirl Chapters. Great to see this idea bloom - thanks Cindylou!

I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about this, and to watch how this idea grows. I want a chapter! Problem is, it would probably a chapter of one. :(

jpbluesky

"Keep us here, all simply in the springing of the year." From A Prayer in Spring by Robert Frost

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2005 :  10:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh..I hadn't seen it up until now...I MUST be the owner of one of those bumper stickers..I am wondering if I would be a chapter of one too, but I still want to do it..how fun!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  09:35:08 AM  Show Profile
Count me in too!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  11:01:55 AM  Show Profile
I have an old, rusty, loud, 40 year old wheat truck that a bumper sticker will have a place of honor on! The grain truck drivers are a lively bunch. Usually it is men that drive the big semi's to haul wheat and women like myself drive the old, beat up,smaller trucks with the wooden sides. We all wear different head gear to keep out the sweat and dust from our faces...Some opt for the peasant look and wrap bandanas around the head, baseball caps, visors, and the old timers ( I have seen spunky women in their 70's ) have the big floppy picture hats with scarves tied around the tops. They are the picture of determination, honesty and grit!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  12:34:39 PM  Show Profile
What kind of head gear do you wear, Meadowlark?
jpbluesky

O, cease to heed the glamour that blinds your foolish eyes,
Look upward to the glitter of stars in God's clear skies.

from God's Garden by Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  12:59:05 PM  Show Profile
One summer my best high school girlfriend and I took my wheat in and wrapped the bandanas around our heads. We had so much fun together that summer taking the wheat to the elevator and talking with the operators and other drivers. Everyone is so friendly! My preferred head gear is a navy blue NY Yankees baseball cap DH got me in NY. I like it because it doesn't show the dirt.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  1:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Jp, I love your signiture line! Beautiful poem! Robert Frost is one of my favorites.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  1:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Now that is the remark of a true mid-western girl - "it does not show the dirt". How many times did I hear my mom say that? When she bought throw rugs and couches and clothes - one criteria was that it a was better choice if it did not show the dirt! I find myself doing the same thing today.

I love Robert Forst too.

jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  1:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Same with my mom Jp!!!! She always bought my sister and I lots of black slacks and navy blue dresses because they "would not show the dirt"...

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  1:15:01 PM  Show Profile
I have to do this post to see my "stars" change color... I made the mistake a few years ago buying a white couch...Yikes!!!! Should've listened to my mom!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  1:30:31 PM  Show Profile
I can never get away with black pants...white goats..hair everywhere!! But I do have a dirt colored couch on purpose..hee hee

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  3:45:45 PM  Show Profile
I just got an e-mail from CindyLou. I had requested the FarmGirl Chapter stuff awhile ago and it's now on the way!!! I can't wait. I may end up being a farmgirl chapter of one but that's ok, I have you all to share with! I was thinking of naming the chapter "Illinois Prairie Chapter"

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  5:09:26 PM  Show Profile
Kim - that is a great name. Being an Illinois girl by birth, I have always loved that word prairie. I too received an email from Cindylou in answer to my questions, and I will also be a chapter of one. But I am excited, and always amazed at how prompt Cindylou is to help us. This will be fun, fellow Farmgirl. I can't think of a name I like. I thought of something that was too silly. I like yours because it has identity and dignity.

jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  6:18:59 PM  Show Profile
I like that name too Kim! Very down to earth.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  9:46:09 PM  Show Profile
I got an email back from her right away today too..we (me for now with more to follow hopefully!) Will be the "Sanpete Farmgirls". We are in Sanpete county. I am sure looking forward to getting that start up kit!!! This is so fun!!

Jenny in Utah

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  1:37:36 PM  Show Profile
If any of ya'll Texas gals want to start a chapter, please let me know. I am fixin to get real excited about all of this. I am in North Central Texas near Fort Worth, but heck, with the internet we could be one big ole chapter.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  3:27:04 PM  Show Profile
"The Ruby Slippers" here!

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  5:21:10 PM  Show Profile
I guess it's the "GARDEN STATE FARMGIRLS" for me and any other NJ girls who want to join! I don't think we want to be the "Jersey Tomatoes" do we?!!! Perhaps "The Silver Queens"? Just kidding, I'm not quite there ...yet!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  7:23:13 PM  Show Profile
The Big Ole Chapter - that is good one for the Texas girls! :)

I have several different names I am thinking about. But Cindylou said to take my time - decisions, decisions!

Here are my different names:
North Florida Farmgirls
The Wild Blue Yonders (my favorite)
The Florida Old Fields Chapter (my city is the Apalachee Indian word for Old Fields)
The Florida Red Hills Chapter (clay soil here and very hilly)

Any opinions?
jpbluesky

from "God's Garden" by Robert Frost

Edited by - jpbluesky on Apr 27 2005 7:29:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  7:53:40 PM  Show Profile
Chapter of One - sounds like "army of one" - but I will probably be a member of one also! I seem to be the only one I know of who is interested in this stuff - but I may be able to rustle up a few other if I try harder! Love to have that bumper sticker too!

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  07:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark - Love your choice! Everyone will know which state you hail from! And all your members can get red gardening shoes! :)
jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  11:52:24 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jp- I like your choices for names, but I am partial to the Florida Red Hills Chapter. Any phrase with hills in it to me denotes peace and tranquility. I thought of some others...The Florida Pink Flamingos Chapter (that's a stretch) or how about The FLorida Everglades Chapter. Florida is such a diverse and beautiful state. Isn't this all alot of fun? It's like coming up for names for secret clubs when we we were small.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  2:18:38 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark - You are right about Florida being so different depending on the part of the state one lives in. We here are all about great oaks and spanish moss and plantation land - sort of an extension of the deep south. Pink Flamingos are definitely south Florida as are palm trees and even the Everglades. It is almost like two different states. If I lived down that way, I would be more inclined to calling the FLorida Chapter something tropical.

Thanks for your reply....I am really wanting to share this with you guys, since I do not have fellow farmgirls right here locally to toss this around with. I like to bounce my thoughts off of you all and get your opinions! This is fun!
jpbluesky

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  4:50:15 PM  Show Profile
jp,
I like the Wild Blue Yonders the best and Red Hill Chapter Second.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  4:52:19 PM  Show Profile
I forgot, thank you, thank you ! That name came to me pretty quick. Ususally, I have brain freezes when I need to come up with something like that.

farmgirl@heart

Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2005 :  06:12:30 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jpbluesky

Wow, I just opened the connection and saw the new photo and the new info about Farmgirl Chapters.
I can't find the page you are refering to.

Call me old fashioned.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic New Home Page Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page