Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Mother-in-Law has passed- 05/16/13 update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Mother-in-Law has passed- 05/16/13 update Next Topic
Page: of 4

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  6:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
05/16/13: Just returned from our trip to Tucson for our family memorial/celebration gathering. It's 520 miles one way to Tucson and it was over 100 degrees, BUT we had a wonderful time with family. It was truly a celebration of the life of a lady who lived well, loved her Lord and her family.
Hubby and I were pretty pooped when we got home Tuesday evening and yesterday had us dragging our pa-tooties around. But we're back home in cool, green Colorado and thanking our Lord for the time. I'm grateful I was given the gift of being with my daughter on Mother's Day.
Hubby and his brother are finishing up the business of her estate and, all things considered, it's fairly uncomplicated.
Thanks girls, for your prayers!
CJ

04/16/13: Received a phone call just before midnight last night from my brother-in-law, letting us know that my mother-in-law passed away last night, sometime between 10:00 and 11:00 PST. Seems that it was quiet and easy . . . safely home in the arms of Jesus!

Just pray for my hubby and his brother for the "business" that now has to be taken care of . . and the family as we process.
Even though we were expecting it and she is no longer suffering, we all still have to process it! Our daughter, Robin . . . "birdie71" here on the Connection . . . had a really special relationship with her Grannie!
Thanks for your prayers!
CJ

01/10/13: Situation pretty much the same. We received a note from my MIL's sister, my hubby's aunt, who drives 60 miles to Tucson every week or so to see her. She doesn't think she is recognized either but she goes to see her anyway and is very sad to "see her slipping away from us". We just continue to watch and wait.
CJ

12/29/12: Nothing new with my MIL. Her sister (my hubby's aunt) sent a note saying she goes to see her every 10 days or so (has to drive 60 miles one-way) and that it is just so hard to "see her slipping away like she is". So, things are pretty much just the same . . .and it's sad!
CJ

11/29/12: CATCHING UP! Just to let you know that nothing has changed with my MIL. Robin's car is back in her possession but it was a HUGE HIT financially! There was more repair to be done than first thought AND THEN just as they got that work done, other things went wrong which just blew us away!
HOWEVER, GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!!! I called her mechanic (since I'd talked with him before more than once) and chatted about the situation. He described all the work he put into it and what the charges WOULD/COULD be. He was AMAZINGLY GENEROUS . . God certainly was using this man to be generous beyond words. He charged them HALF . . . yes, HALF . . . of what the normal charges would be. Told me he wanted to surprise her . . I told him that words couldn't describe my appreciation for his generosity. Robin is humbled and grateful! I'm praying her hubby is humbled and grateful as well.
GOD IS AWESOME the way He cares for us!

Thank you for your continued prayers!
CJ

P.S. I was able to discuss the issues with my car window with her mechanic as well and he was VERY, VERY helpful!

11/25/12: I had indicated I'd give you an update after Thanksgiving and our visit to Tucson to see my MIL. So, I'll try to do that here.
We made it to Tucson on Friday to see her. She is skin & bones, and couldn't identify any of us. She was awake and alert & responsive, but spoke very little and did NOT engage in any conversation of any kind. She is bedridden and eating very little. It was sad to see but we kind of knew it would be that way. So, it's basically just a matter of time. I think my hubby was able to "let her go" and my daughter has acknowledged that she realizes that it was probably the last time she would see her grannie here on earth.

Robin drove her car down (approx. 120 miles) and it did just fine. When we were ready to come home we had just gotten on the interstate a few miles from my brother-in-law's house when her car overheated. We stopped and all the coolant ran out of the overflow tube. I don't want to get all long & drawn out . . it's a long story . . with this but we did everything we knew to get it where we felt we could drive it back home without it overheating. My hubby was along and he has good mechanical skills so we knew he'd be able to troubleshoot. Anyway, we ended up going back to BIL's house, leaving her car and getting a rental to drive back to Phoenix. My hubby and SIL are, right now, in the process of hauling her car back to her mechanic here so that he can work on solving the problem. (She had just taken it in for oil change and tech didn't do the coolant add right, so she took it back . . thought it was good to go).

So, it was a L-LLLO-O-O-NN-GGGG, STRESSFUL day. We were weary of stopping along the highway trying to figure it out. She was frustrated with the problem and having to leave it. We were thankful we had family to leave it with!

We made it back to her house safe and sound and had yesterday to decompress. We had planned to go back to Colorado today but stayed an extra day so Robin's dad could help get the car back to Phoenix. (Her hubby is NOT mechanical!)

On top of that, we are all processing the issues of my MIL and her condition and the probable, soon-to-be end. (My hubby will probably come back at that time . . . depends on a lot of other things if I would).

We believe that one reason for the car issue is to pull some family members TOGETHER for some time to heal some of the other stuff that has been going on. I think that happened on some level. I also think that it was good for my SIL because he really needs to get his act together as well (I won't go any further with that!).

The fun part? The rental car I got was a 2012 Dodge Charger . . . VERY NICE muscle car and a total blast to drive! I wanted to keep it and I had this terrible urge to put the "pedal to the metal" and see what it could do. But, there were too many state patrol cars on the interstate. It was a "sweet ride" for 130 miles!!!

Anyway, that's it . . . and we hope to head back to home in Colorado tomorrow!
Thank you for your past AND your continued prayers!!!
CJ

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear praying farmgirls,

My mother-in-law is declining in her health and well-being. She is 85 years old, living in nursing home situation in Tucson. My hubby's only brother lives there and oversees things for her. My father-in-law passed away four years ago and she had to move off the ranch as she was always so dependent on him that she can't live alone.

My hubby and I have been married 44 years, so I know her well and she has NEVER taken any measures to take care of herself so she could stay as active, alert and independent as possible. There are other issues I won't even get into.

Anyway, my hubby's aunt (her sister) called last week telling him she thought his mom was not doing well. His brother called yesterday and said she is declining and they moved her to another nursing home facility closer to where they live so they can have easier access to her.

Anyway, my hubby is struggling with the "do I go now or do I wait and see how things go" issue. We plan to go to Arizona for Thanksgiving at our daughter's and plan to take a run to Tucson to see her.

Please pray for her and whatever the Lord has in mind for her. For my hubby so he has clear direction as to what to do. It's 500 miles for us, ONE WAY. If he were to go alone he has only a very aging van to drive and with the price of gas . . . well, you know that story. If he goes to see her while she is still with us I won't go . . there is a HOST of reasons why but I won't get into that, aside from the chores that have to be done here.

Thanks for your prayers!!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 16 2013 1:34:51 PM

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Gladstone Mi.
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  7:14:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh, CJ, I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying that there is a good outcome to this. I pray for you and hubby and all of his family. It is a hard thing to go through, I know. Especially when you are so far away and cannot just up and go there in a flash. My best to you, my friend. Please keep us posted. Sending lots of hugs also.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  7:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Dear CJ,
I will pray for you and your dear husband, and his mother. Every family has their issues, you are certainly not alone in this. I pray that there is peace between your DH and his siblings, as well as a comfort for you MIL.
This is definately not an easy thing to go through, especially being so far away.
Peace be with you!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  7:33:46 PM  Show Profile
CJ...I'll be keeping your mil and you and your dh in my prayers as you go through this. Keep us posted.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  8:56:30 PM  Show Profile
CJ--you know I'll be praying for your Mother-in-Law. Keep us posted, CJ. God Bless her.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  9:14:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJj
I will be praying for you MIL and your hubby and the family that is there with her. I will be praying for you as well to be able to deal with what ever is ahead.
Take care lady.
blessings to you
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  1:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls! We've heard nothing new in the last couple days and don't know that we will. But, who knows as things can change drastically.
Thanks for your continued prayers!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  2:35:17 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay

Prayers for all are going up!
Sometimes it is so hard to know what to do. I have been
blessed with the most wonderful MIL. She will be 88 on her
Birthday.

My sister had a MIL that she describes as Nightmare on Elm Street.
Not so nice. She caused a lot of problems for my sister and BIL.
They finally divorced over his Mother.

Trust the Lord to give you wisdom and direction on how to handle
this sad and difficult time in your lives.
Big Buzz and I will keep you and your family in our hearts and prayers.

Hugs to you and your family.

Debbie H
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7626 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7626 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  9:01:04 PM  Show Profile
continuing prayers

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  05:10:59 AM  Show Profile
cj. i send prayers and hugs...we just made a similar drive to wisconsin a few weeks ago to see michael's brother in preparation ...it is a wrenching decision to make and i pray that your hubby finds peace no matter what he does ..if he is at peace with his mom and has good memories, he will be alright (are we ever "alright" with a loved one's decline or passing?)...gosh my words are not coming well ..so i will end reminding you of the love i send and prayers and hugs....

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  08:51:38 AM  Show Profile
CJ-
Keeping your family in my prayers...such hard decisions to make. I will be praying!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  09:33:50 AM  Show Profile
Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you big (((hugs))) know that you are thoought of.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  9:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
CJ,

Your family is facing a difficult, sad time. I am very sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and good thoughts for all and I hope that your husband will be at peace with the decision he makes. If I can help out here in AZ in any way, let me know.

Aloha,
Pam

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  10:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls! Your kindness, thoughts, encouragements and prayers are appreciated! SO MUCH!
It's just a "wait and see how things go" situation at this point . . . and for who knows how long.
Thanks again!
Continued prayers are appreciated!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  11:25:12 AM  Show Profile
CJ,

I am so sorry to hear of your MIL's decline. I pray that God will give you the peace that passeth all understanding. This is a difficult situation in which to be. Know that you are in my prayers.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  1:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Me, too, CJ. I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to be so far away and know when to go or what to do. So tough. I will be praying for everyone. Love - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  7:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi CJ,
Just wonderfing how your MIL is doing?
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  10:13:32 PM  Show Profile
CJ, I just saw this and wanted to say I am so sorry. Sending prayers for all of you and big hugs too. It is a difficult situation. My heart goes out to you DH. Sending you all big, gentle hugs. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  4:07:04 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering too! I'm still praying CJ

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  4:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Hugs and love CJ!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  4:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am praying for you and your family CJ!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  6:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
CJ I am sure you and your DH will make the decisions on what to do, mt heart you out to you, and I will send prayers your way. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  7:55:03 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay
prayers for you and hubby,
i think i know what your saying
about your MIL i have one in a
similar situation and its very hard
ithink had she been nice to me things
probably would have been different.
you are so sweet i prayer the lord
gives you a happy solution.
blessings deborah

Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings! ~Author Unknown

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2012 :  3:34:34 PM  Show Profile
CJ you are in my prayers.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13640 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13640 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  5:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks all for your prayers and encouragements!

Had a phone call from brother-in-law today. My MIL has had another TIA (transient ischemic attack . . a "mini-stroke"). While they are called "mini-strokes" they are serious and we just don't know how many more it will take. Will there be the "big" stroke? We just hang tight and pray. We plan to go to Arizona for Thanksgiving and will be going to Tucson to see her in two weeks.

In the meantime, my brother-in-law is stressed with all the issues and my hubby is stressed with what is in her future and his own helplessness at being here . . 500 miles away. It's not like we can just pick and run down there any time.

So, thanks again for prayers!
I do appreciate continued prayers . . . and I'll be back with updates. Certainly will be back after our trip to Arizona.
THANK YOU AGAIN!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  05:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Ceejay-
keeping you and your family in my prayers..waiting is so hard and not knowing when to go..sending many prayers your way!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Mother-in-Law has passed- 05/16/13 update Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page