Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Certain time of day increasing Blood Pressure?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Certain time of day increasing Blood Pressure? Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  11:38:06 AM  Show Profile
Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that just around 4:30-5:30 in the evening my face begins to burn and then blotch-I can actually feel my blood pressure begin to rise I can practically set my watch to this daily occurance...I stopped taking a second BP Lisinopril about a month ago because I would cough until I gagged and then threw up-one of the side effects and now I am thinking that since I am off that horrible medication my regular BP med Metoprolol must be working overtime. I take two Metoprolol over the course of the day with one in the evening. As soon as I take this my BP lowers.

Anyone else experience a particular time of day when their BP increases or is it just me?

Melody
Farmgirl #525

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  3:30:57 PM  Show Profile
You know, Melody, it's funny you say that. I have noticed that my BP tends to go up more when I finally sit down to relax at the end of the day than at any other time of the day. I'm on Losartan-HCT, thoough... I remember they tried me on Metoprolol a few years ago, but I stopped taking it because I didn't like how it made me feel. I was able to control my blood pressure with diet and vitamins for a long time, but this past winter... well, you know. Now I'm on the Losartan-HCT and I really like it. I haven't had any side effects at all, and I guess it evens out the fluid as well as the potassium levels. I'm not sure, exactly now... but I really am doing well on it. Maybe it's time to see the doctor and re-evaluate the medication? Just be careful, okay?

Hugs-

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Certain time of day increasing Blood Pressure? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page