Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Making lip balm.....need advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Making lip balm.....need advice Next Topic  

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  03:40:42 AM  Show Profile
Ok.... so my boss brought me in a small jar of honey and beeswax to 'play' with. I want to make some lipbalm. And i have the recipe with the beeswax, almond oil and honey. (thought it would be a nice place to start)

What kind of cantainers to you all prefer? And where can i get some? I am going to check Walmart today. But I was wondering if you buy container specific for lipbalm or do you re-purpose something I may have around the house?

Any other ideas for beeswax? I only have a small amount, but he will give me more if I can put it to good use.

Thanks
Arttie

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4221 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4221 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  04:23:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I prefer the chapstick type container to hold the lip balm. You would probably have to order those. You can make a lotion bar out of the bees wax. There is alot of recipes out there. Have fun with it
Michele
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  06:26:51 AM  Show Profile
I prefer the chapstick containers as well...but that being said, I did make some a few weeks ago & just re-used random containers that I had - I think there was 2 or 3 chapstick tubes & 2 "pots". The tubes are a bit easier for using it more often, I find, but I do like the pots. Good luck!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Making lip balm.....need advice Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page