Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Sporty Farmgirls
 Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  8:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Thursday nights NFL game for our area is the Browns Vs the Ravens.
I love the Baltimore Ravens. Flacco is a good quarterback. Their defense is great.
Go Ravens.
I am hoping the professional referees will be back.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  03:29:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh! Marly! Two of our worst Rivals! It'll be a good game, for sure... But I couldn't choose one over the other... I say, let the calls be fair and just, and may the team who earns it actually win!

I just read that the pro refs will be back on the field tonight - thank GOODNESS!!! The calls everyone has had to suffer with... the errors... made my heart sink for everyone!

The Steelers have a bye week this week, so I'll be neutral and cheer: Go teams! :)

- Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 27 2012 03:36:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  09:14:17 AM  Show Profile
Sorry their rivals for y'all, Nini. I love the game so much. I try not to look at the rivals when I'm for a certain team. However, during the game I'm usually screaming about the rivals. LOL. Thank goodness the professional refs will be back. I love the Steelers.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  10:40:06 AM  Show Profile
I must confess, Marly... I HATED football until we moved to PA... I didn't understand the game at all (although I could beat the pants off anyone in a video game! LOL!), and all it meant to me was a bunch of stinky guys yelling in my livingroom, and having to contend with an unbelievably messy kitchen after the game. But when we moved here, everything changed. You have to BLEED black and gold to survive, and I had to give in and have the transfusion. Before you knew it, I understood the plays and was yelling for righteousness for both sides! It was like it happened through a weird kind of osmosis or something! And you know what? Suddenly, the guys don't stink so much anymore, and I only see the kitchen as heavenly with all those awesome foods. ;) It's a big event for me now - the way it is and should be for ALL football fans!

I love the game, too.. I even really enjoy all those sports talk shows, which really blows my mind! I'm just not allowed to root for other teams - especially the Browns and Ravens! To people around here, that'd be sacrilege! You get scarey looks just for forgetting to wear your Black & Gold on game day! I do not even DARE to speak the names of the other teams! LOL!

(It's all in good fun... No serious competition from me, honest!)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  11:00:28 AM  Show Profile
Nini: I loved your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ditto on the video game thing. I love the weird kind of osmosis that happens. I do understand about rivalry. Going to a game at the Superdome in New Orleans, you better be watching what you say about the opposing team. LOL. I know all about the scarey looks, the mean faces, etc.... I wasn't always a football watcher. But becoming one has done miracles for me. It has calmed me down, big time. I like to say, watching football soothes my soul.
Thanks, Nini, for the post.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  3:23:44 PM  Show Profile
Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the game.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  8:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Ugh! Doug told me about the really hard hit that happened in tonight's game. I don't think I can watch the recording!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  07:58:51 AM  Show Profile
I'm a HUGE Browns fan. My father taught me all about football when I was 9 and he used the Browns team to teach me . I knew every player by heart and still do. The funny thing is I have two Browns Jerseys 1 Brown and 1 Orange one. I only wear the Orange Jersey if the win the week before so as you can image my Orange jersey is like brand new after 5 years. lol lol

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  08:55:53 AM  Show Profile
The Ravens won the game. Both teams played really good. Both sides had good defense.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Sporty Farmgirls: Previous Topic Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page