LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  07:31:00 AM  Show Profile
Last Sunday hubby and I were headed to a chicken show in N.Y. We left at 4 in the morning so I was falling alseep sitting up in the truck.We were about an hour and a half away from home. I woke up not feeling well. I felt like I was going to pass put so I laid the seat back. Well that is all I remember. I had a seizure(So they think). Hubby called 911 and they met us at the next toll booth. I had a cat scan at the hospital and they found a mass near my pituitary gland. I followed up with my regular DR and he sent me for an MRI and to the neurologist. All the test results haven't come back yet but He did say it was 6.5 MM. He siad they worry after they are 10MM but still.I have had headaches for the last 6 months and my regular DR thought it was stress and allergies. I still have to have an EEG and they haven't gotten the MRI report yet so right now it is all a wait and see game. Until then I am not allowed to drive. Luckily I am able to do my job from home. My boss has been so understanding.
So I will keep you all posted on what I hear and if you all know anyone who has been though this and experiences would be great. It is so scary not knowing what to expect. Thank you,
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  07:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
You are in my prayers I hope all goes well with apossitive outlook anything is possible always beleive and hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I know God loves all his children and if you ask for help you shall get it. Much love and well wishes Sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  09:36:10 AM  Show Profile
Alicia!
OH no! What a scary time for you. A friend of mine had a tumor on her pitutary. and really, it wasn't so bad....I mean as *bad* as a brain tumor can be. She finally had surgery, but it was relatively easy, she only spent one night in the hospital. I guess they did the surgery through her sinus and not through her skull....

Anyhow, I am so sorry for you. My sister had a sezuire recently and it has been scary and troublesome..the no driving thing is tough!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
FarmGirl hug!

Love and ligh to you
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  10:22:28 AM  Show Profile
Alicia,
So sorry to hear this news, how are you feeling? I think I understood that you are at home. We will be waiting on your update, and you will be in my thoughts hoping for the very best.
Nancy Jo
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  10:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Alicia,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.I will be keeping you in prayer as you go through this. Keep your chin up.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

Edited by - Tina Michelle on Oct 01 2006 10:38:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  11:57:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alicia! You will be in my prayers ! I hope your diagnosis and treatment are as minimal as possible with a positive outcome. I know the waiting and not knowing what to expect is the hardest part.
Know that we are sending you love and best wishes.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  12:15:05 PM  Show Profile
alicia .. prayers going heavenward for you ... i know this is scary for you ... but i'm just sure you will be o.k. keep us informed gurlfren. xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  12:32:19 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, I'm praying, too. Do let us know as you learn more.
HUGS!
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  3:27:20 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, you are in my prayers too. This does seem scary but I'm sure you will get through it. It is a good thing you weren't driving with your seziure. We are all here for you. Hang in there and keep us posted.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  3:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alicia- I am so sorry to hear that. I have a friend who has a small mass like you do. She has had it for 3 years, and it has not changed at all,but they still monitor her every year. I will keep you in my prayers that you will be able to get through this.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  6:09:44 PM  Show Profile
I will sure be keeping you in my prayers too, Alicia!! how scary! I hope you have lots of help at home and get the rest you need. How nice that you can work at home and have an understanding boss. That has to really help! Take care!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  11:27:29 AM  Show Profile
God bless you real good, Alicia. You're in my prayers even as I type this. Susan
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  9:57:07 PM  Show Profile
Alicia - I was thinking about you tonight and wondering how you are doing. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you are doing - you have plenty of friends and support here (((hugs))).

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  07:42:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Libbie and Everyone,
Thank you so much for the well wishes. I had an EEG this past Thursday and I go back to the Dr. on the 12th. The waiting and not knowing the full extent of everything is the toughest part. We had a show today in Spencer Mass. today but I didn't go. I was scared something might happen again.We have one in Deerfield NH tomorrow but I can't deicde to go or not.I hate missing all the fun stuff. I wasn't feeling so well yesterday, which is why I decided to stay home. I have had the worst headache for the two weeks since the seisure and yesterday was bad.Friday is payroll day and it can be stressful and on top of that there is a co-worker that was contantly calling me for help yesterday.(We do the same job but just for different areas of the company) My husband seems to think if I get stressed I feel worse and he is right. It is hard because the Dr. only want me to take any medication for the headaches every 3 days.Other than that I have been doing research on-line and it seems like everything will turn out fine once we start treating this thing.Thank you eveyone, I will let you all know once I find out exactly what is going on.
Hugs,
Alicia

follow your dreams

Edited by - LadyCrystal on Oct 07 2006 07:43:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  7:00:16 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, hang in there. A special prayer is going up for you right now to at least relieve some of the pain while you wait for your treatment. I wish they would move your appointment up. Have you told the Dr. how much pain you're having? (sorry that is the mom in me coming out). I think you need to try to lay low until you get some more answers. I'm sure they will understand. You can beat this, you're a farmgirl!!
Hugs (( ))
Kel
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2006 :  9:52:09 PM  Show Profile
Why aren't you supposed to take medication? Every three days sounds terrible when your headaches all the time!

I have been thinking of you...good vibes and prayers sent your way.
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  07:54:26 AM  Show Profile
I think the reason behind him telling me not to take anything except every three days is becuase if you take any over the counter pain reliever alot you will get what is called a rebound headache. I was taking an advil type product but 800 mg everyday. I think he was worried I was getting the rebound headaches and wanted to see how I would be without the medicine. I do take imetrix when I have migraines but these aren't that strong plus he only wants me to take this only if it feels like a migraine. It is just the constant dull ache which gets worse as the day goes on.

Thank you everyone for all your concern. I just have some moments where I don't feel like toughing it out. But I am strong and I know I will get though it. Thanks again,
Alicia

follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2006 :  7:57:23 PM  Show Profile
When ever you are down about it come and chat, that always makes me feel better. It's very comforting knowing everyone here is going through it with you and truely cares. I'll keep those prayers going. We all love you Alicia.
Prayers and hugs, Kel
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  09:22:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh, how scary, Alicia! All the waiting and not knowing - it sure adds unneeded stress to what you're already feeling. All my love and thoughts for your health and happiness. Let us know how you're doing.

xxx susan

Lovin' my life
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  04:38:38 AM  Show Profile
I went to the Dr. yesterday. The EEG didn't show anything was wrong. The next step is doing an ambilatory EEG. He doesn't seem to think I had a seizure, which is a good thing but this next test will rule that out for sure. He did give me something for my headaches. I still am not allowed to drive until the next test comes back. The Dr. said the MRI showed something hardly there and the report said everything is normal. He is sending the films to a Neuroradiologists for a second opinion. This part confused me, two weeks ago he said something is there now he is saying it is not. I rather have it not but why the change. I still don't have any definate answer but it is looking good. Thank you all for your well wishes they seem to be working.
Alicia

follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  8:44:08 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, glad to hear the good news. I'm glad he's sending the rads for a second opinion especially since he seems to be a little inconsistant about his diagnosis. Is the med helping with the headaches? Hang in there, things are looking up. Keep us updated.
Kel
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2006 :  10:08:19 AM  Show Profile
Can you try ALEVE? I know for migraine sufferers it's better to taske these than the Tylenol type meds that cause rebound.

I'm so sorry about your troubles. It must be scary AND frustrating.

I hate getting headaches almost more than stomach aches.

Be strong, we are praying for you!
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  5:23:54 PM  Show Profile
I finally got an appointment to have my ambilatory EEG done. I go next Monday to get hooked up. I have to wear it for seven days or until an incident. I hope it all comes back normal so I can drive again. Even though I would like to know why the seizure happened but I am ready for my life to go back to normal. I still have been having the headaches and the Dr. just wants me to wait a few more weeks to see if this medicine will work. It can take up to 6 weeks before the full effects start to work. The Dr. also started me on physical therapy because I mentioned to him the leg pain I have been having for years and he wants them to evaluate me. I have been tested for a ton of stuff but they really never found out why I have the pain( Its a tingling type thing not really painful)
I do have some great news though. The MRI results came back from the neuro-radiologist and there is no tumor visable on the MRI. The neuro-radiologist thinks the Cat scan showed a shadow and thats what they thought was something. He said a cat scan isnt the best at looking at the pituitary gland. Thank you everyone for all your well wishes. I will let you know any thing else that comes up.
Alicia

follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  5:32:32 PM  Show Profile
thank, thank goodness, I went through the brain tumor thing with an s/o 5 years ago. I cannot tell you how glad I am you are alright. Life is good. You be happy, don't worry now...... jo

"friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum14.html
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2006 :  7:50:34 PM  Show Profile
Alicia- I am so glad to hear your good news. What a relief! Let's hope the doctors can get your leg sorted so you can be back to your old self again. (Not that you're old- you know what I mean! ;) )

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  05:45:45 AM  Show Profile
Alicia, glad to hear the good news. Do wish you could rid yourself of those pesky headaches though. I hope the medicine kicks in soon. Keep us updated and we will keep you in our prayers.
kelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tumors Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page