Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Do You Woot? Lodge Cast Iron Sale!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Do You Woot? Lodge Cast Iron Sale!! Next Topic  

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  08:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls -

Don't know if any of you Woot, but I've been known to check in with them from time to time. I have found them to be reliable, their prices are good, and their products are always high quality.

Just checked in this morning while on break and found that they are having a really good sale on some Lodge Cast Iron favorites over the next three days...

http://home.woot.com/plus/lodge-cookware-iron-pan-3

Just thought I should let you know.

Basically, you can order 1 - 3 of the same item offered (sometimes more), and all will ship to you for $5. They do charge tax. Also, apparently now they've got a promotion going on (not sure if this is a new, permanent thing, or temporary), that once you place your first order, that everything else you order ships for free??? I'm not sure of the details exactly, but you can check it out if you're interested.

I just love my cast iron, don't you? I bought a couple of their cast iron corn bread corn mold pans last week - LOVE them! And just ordered my cast iron 5 qt. dutch oven today! YAY!!!

Well... Happy Woot-ing!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  5:44:25 PM  Show Profile
What is woot?

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  7:36:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lorena! Good question! But, instead of me typing it all out here, here's a link that can answer pretty much all your questions: https://www.woot.com/faq#

In the simplest of terms, basically Woot sells one item a day (usually) at a really good price until it sells out or until midnight of that day. Usually you can only purchase 1 - 3 of the featured item, shipping is $5 on one or on all three, and once you place your order, that's it - you can't reorder or buy additional quantities of the item if you didn't order them the first time. Every once in a while, you will see a "woot off" where they sell item after item (with the same limitations above), usually of remaining quantities of unsold items. This goes on for one day to up to three days, and then you're back to one item per day. You can really get some good deals, if you watch. It recently expanded to different "woot stores," for lack of a better term, including a home store, a tech store, etc. And now each of those stores have additional specials available if you scroll down their home page. That's it in a nutshell. But you'll find more information in the link above.

I think the cast iron is a pretty good deal, and I know a lot of us farmgirls use and collect it, so I wanted to share. I find that can't get to a good sale like that and pay less than $5 for gas to get there, so I "wooted" my order and let them ship to me and saved on shipping. And the neat thing is that for some reason all orders placed on any of the woot sites today (maybe every day from now on? I'm not sure) are covered under the initial shipping of $5. I bought one item, paid the $5 shipping, and then any other item I purchased today was or would have been covered under that same shipping cost at no additional charge. Pretty good deal to me! :)

Hope that helps!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  05:08:01 AM  Show Profile
Amazon will most times beat prices anf offers free shipping. That is where I get mine.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Do You Woot? Lodge Cast Iron Sale!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page