Page: of 2

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  7:44:53 PM  Show Profile
I have seen blue, brown, and green dragonflies, but never a pink one. The other day, I saw my first pink dragonfly. I think it was posing for the camera. Enjoy.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  7:47:19 PM  Show Profile
Marly, it's beautiful! I would love to see one in person.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  7:53:50 PM  Show Profile
I think so, too, Kris. I was so amazed when I saw it. It even landed on my hand. I ran for the camera. That dragonfly was loving the picture taking.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  9:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Marly, that is beautiful, and lucky you to get to see it so close and still. This summer we had some black and white ones, I mean on one body, and they looked spotted or mottled. My son kept trying to get a picture, but could never get them still. Our neighbor, says, you see strange colors, after severe weather, like our drought and even the fires we had, which stopped about a mile from the back of our property. I have never seen a pink one. Thanks for sharing. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  9:32:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad you liked seeing it, Linda. I got really close to the pink dragonfly to shoot it's picture. It never did move.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  05:35:07 AM  Show Profile
We used to have red ones up here, but there aren't that many anymore. I think because of all the sprays & chemicals in the air now from the farmers. We had blue, green, gold/yellow ones; I think the most popular ones are the blue & the gold ones. I do like dragonflies, just not when they are hovering by my ear. I had one do that a couple years back, and it kind of scared me. One of the kids says "it's ok, it's just a dragonfly" lol. Lovely picture :)

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  07:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Wow...I love dragonflies. I never knew they came in pink! Thanks for sharing. Now I'm all inspired to find out more about them.
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  07:31:30 AM  Show Profile
And red and gold and black and white? Wow This drylander New Mexican is amazed!
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  07:40:50 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing the picture Marly! I've never seen anything like it and I just love dragonfly's. I can't believe how vivid the color is!! It's amazing you were able to even capture it with the camera before it scooted away.

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  07:58:58 AM  Show Profile
Marly,

I've seen all colors, but never pink, either! How beautiful! What great pictures you got, too! How lucky you are! It's my favorite bug in my favorite color!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  08:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I have heard about the pink ones, but never saw one. Thanks so much for sharing. I love it. I will have to keep my eye out.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  11:20:29 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE dragonflies and never knew pink ones exist!!! Thank you for sharing!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  7:52:26 PM  Show Profile
they are supposed to mean, someone close to you , who has passed, is lighting up your day, and reminding you to take time for yourself...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  09:10:41 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Tina. I had a wonderful friend who I once watched football with. I think he is probably telling me how short life really is and to watch more football. I think I'll do that.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  2:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Never seen that before, Marly. Really pretty. Thanks for posting that.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  6:28:05 PM  Show Profile
I saw my first red dragonfly last week. Never knew there where different colored ones. Just beautiful.
Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  7:36:05 PM  Show Profile
I have never seen a pink dragonfly in Minnesota. That one looks breath-taking. Thanks for the pictures.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  1:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing pictures!

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Nostalgic Needleworks http://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicNeedleworks
Go to Top of Page

Annette Kath
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Annette
Carlock IL
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  8:54:42 PM  Show Profile
WOW! That is truly amazing! I just love dragonflies!

Annette
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  03:28:17 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Kudos to you for having a camera ready. And thank you so much for sharing.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  08:37:22 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, I didn't have a camera ready. I ran in the house to get it, when I came out the dragon fly was still there. I do believe it wanted me to take its picture.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  2:07:58 PM  Show Profile
Wow how cool is that. I didn't even know they existed. I can't wait to show my husband your wonderful pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  4:10:08 PM  Show Profile
What? Is that thing real? Never in my life have I heard of a pink dragonfly!! I can imagine your surprise wand excitement when you saw it! I'll have to show my mom your pictures. She loves dragonflies and will be in utter amazement! What a blessing for you to see and thanks for sharing with us!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  6:01:38 PM  Show Profile
It was and is real! I haven't seen a red one yet. I have my camera ready, just in case I see the pink Dragonfly or a red one.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  6:37:22 PM  Show Profile
Marly,

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. The pink dragonfly is so beautiful and unusual. I have a neighbor who loves dragonflies and collects figurines, etc. I must show her your lovely pictures. Have you seen it more than once?

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  09:17:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Karen. No, this is the first pink dragonfly I've ever seen. I keep looking around to see if it'll visit again. If so, I will take more pictures.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic A Pink Dragonfly Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page