cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  09:13:01 AM  Show Profile
Are there any Harley riding Farmgirls out there??

I ride a 2006 Dyna Superglide. Love it. My husband and I spent 10 days in July from MI to Niagra Falls through New York, Pennslyvania and then back through Ohio to Mi. What a ride. NY and PA are absolutely beautiful.

Be great to hear from any of you.

amy r
sister #4186

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  10:18:39 PM  Show Profile
I don't ride a Harley but I almost bought a Honda Shadow once. I took a motor cycle class and decided I just wasn't cut out for it. I get too distracted and can't focus on shifting.. I have ridden on the back of a Harley. Or maybe it was a Goldwing. Been so long I don't remember. If I ever do get a bike it'll have automatic shift. I think I could handle that as I had a minibike when I was young. There are lots of Harley riders around here. Sometimes I think at least half the men in this area have bikes. Have fun riding your Harley--the world needs more lady bikers.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  4:23:36 PM  Show Profile
DH has a 74 superglide. He's taken it apart to "revamp" it and hasn't put it back together yet--10 years later, lol. Maybe one day he'll finish it.

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

www.madameapothecary.com
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  5:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Amy,
I have had my license for over 20 years now... I don't have a bike but my darling has an FLHTCU 2011. I'm in Michigan also, down south of Detroit. Glad to meet you!

www.mythirtyone.com/224740
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  5:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Wel-l-l-l . . . I'm a wanna-bee!
Don't know if I'll ever get past that but we'll see.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  5:30:35 PM  Show Profile
We have a Road King HD. I used to ride with my hubby a lot but he's 64 now. A little wobbly. I don't ride much now. I don't want to get hurt. When he gets a side car, I will go riding with him again. My brother has a huge HD that he rode from his home in Colorado to visit us here then up to NY to a race then back to Col. through the upper states. Long ride. My SIL had a HD then traded it in for a big touring Honda. We don't speak to him anymore. Just kidding. But it's really hard. They gave away or sold all their HD stuff. Even had wedding rings.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile

Not a Harley but a Royal Enfield WWII model complete with ammo cans! The ammo cans hold quite a few groceries!

Not a Harley but a Yamaha V-Star 1500. My signature black and white including the bags which are not shown in this photo.
We sold all four of our motorcycles the last couple of years to save for our Hobby Farm. I do miss riding them, especially on these beautiful fall days.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  10:29:50 AM  Show Profile
WOW! DIANE! LOOK AT YOU!!! Woo! Woo!! My husband's family are big Harley riders... That's actually how I met him... Although, at the time, he drove a Triumph... He was in an accident, came hobbling up my front steps in crutches (we were neighbors, but had never met), and I nursed him back to health! LOL! He's had other Harleys since then, but a few years back his older brother was killed in a Harley accident (hit-and-run driver - threw him into a tree ; he died instantly), and it kind of just took the heart out of him as far as riding. A couple of his brothers still ride, as do his cousins and other family members. But boy, seeing you on your bike, Diane... Brings back memories! :) My father-in-law used to have a HUGE Harley with a side car... SO cool... I actually have a pick of the gang of friends my hubby's Mom used to ride with when she was young. It's in a tribute album I made for her. I'm not so sure it's a good idea to scan it, but if you think it'll be safe, I'll do it and share... It's very "Grease." I love it!!! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  1:24:02 PM  Show Profile
Nini,
I would love to see that gang!

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  2:02:05 PM  Show Profile
I'm wondering if I just take a picture of it, if that would be a better alternative/less harsh on the old photos... I think there's one of my father-in-law in there on his bike, too. I'll definitely see what I can do. The one picture is priceless! I think you'll all love it! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Dianne--I LOVE your vintage Royal Enfield! How cool! Now you got me wishing I had a bike.
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  09:20:28 AM  Show Profile
Wow Diane I love the ww1 bike. I started out with a Yamaha 650 VStar. It was a nice bike. I need to start grocery shopping with my bike, I would spend less money.

Yart, nice to meet you too!

Rachel what is your hubby waiting for?

Kris, My hubby has a 99 Road King. He rides it all the time but he is still a young buck. He has had a bike as long as I have known him.

Nini, I would like to see the pictures too.

CJ, just do it.

amy r
sister #4186
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  12:47:53 PM  Show Profile
Okay, girls - these are the pictures... They just wouldn't photograph very well, I'm sorry. I'd scan them on the printer, but they are already pretty old and compromised - I hope you understand. First is my mother-in-law. Second is her then boyfriend (how that pic survived I'll never know - it really aggravated my father-in-law!). Third is her "gang." I just love the pics, I wish they could be clearer for you!!!

Pretty cool, though, huh??? :)

I thought the pic of my father-in-law on his Harley was in that album, too, but it wasn't. I'm going to have to go through the photo box and see if I can find it for you. He was so cute - and he totally stole her heart! :)

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 25 2012 12:49:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  3:58:19 PM  Show Profile
Those are so cool and retro! Thanks for sharing.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  10:55:55 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Aren't they neat? I found another one last night, but it's very blurry... If it can photograph clearly enough, I'll post that one, too! Still looking for my father-in-law's picture...

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  3:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi All :) I am a Harley rider or should I say passenger LOL My DH & I ride a 2001 Fat Boy, picked it up on 9/11/01. There is nothing that compares to the wind blowing in your face & the things I see, where in a car I have never noticed. I am also my DH extra set of eyes & ears & am on constant alert for other drivers ;) We enjoy riding every chance we get :)

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  10:26:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey Y'all.. We have a 2007 Heritage Softtail..
We set off last weekend to ride the tail of the dragon, but once we got to Gatlinburg, we realized it was about 6 hour drive, so we went to cade's cove instead.. hahah
I love these things, but other people scare the crap out of me on the roads.

Farmgirl Sister #2974
~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  4:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Tail of the Dragon is brutal, so glad you didn't do it! There are pieces of motorcycles that have wrecked hung in the trees! You look awesome on your bike and yes, other riders scare me too!
My favorite saying is: I had a menstrual cycle, I traded it for a motorcycle!

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Sep 27 2012 4:15:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

cozie lady
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Mt Pleasant MI
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  09:17:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey Tara,

I am not sure I would be ready for the Tail of the Dragon. I was amazed with all the curvey roads in PA. I would take that trip again.
Riding season is coming to an end for me this year. :(

amy r
sister #4186
Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Any Harley Farmgirls out there? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page