Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 how do your weekends 'differ' ... ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic how do your weekends 'differ' ... ? Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  12:36:48 PM  Show Profile
from the rest of the week? saturdays and sundays?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  5:38:52 PM  Show Profile
My husband works all weekend long...he is a lineman for the power company, and he deals with outages and such...he works Friday, Saturday, Sundays straight thru.

So, the weekend is definately not our time off.
But, it is nice to go out during the week, things are much less crowded.

Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  9:51:03 PM  Show Profile
I seem to get any big heavy jobs done on Saturdays and Sundays are the most relaxing day of the week sometimes I even manage a short nap late afternoon. sometimes.
Today (Saturday) I sheared sheep, and I do things that I need my husband to help with..things that require strength I don't have or things he is just better at. I will finish the rest of the sheep next SAturday IF we don't have more rain after FRiday morning. I won't shear wet sheep. My husband does work some saturdays, but never later than 1pm so he is around more to help with stuff.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  10:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Since I am at home the vast majority of my time, weekends are very much like the rest of the week. I really like "routine" days - so it works quite well! I'd like to make a tradition of doing something special on one weekend day, but I'm not quite sure what -

Jenny - I was wondering when you were shearing! Do you mind having company next Saturday - I'd love to come up and learn/help (nothing like a farmgirl inviting herself over, is there?!?!?)?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2006 :  11:59:05 PM  Show Profile
I would LOVE that LIbbie!! If it is dry for 24 hours I will be shearing for sure. I don't have a single other plan and it would be so fun to see you!! You just come up any time you want. I have been meaning to get down there for weeks and weeks!!
OH hey!! I am coming to Salina on Friday morning to meet my family and give back my sister's little girl who is staying with us this week while they are in Wyoming on a hunting trip. I will be meeting them at Denny's and hopefully coming home with a cooler full of venison. I could probably make a quick detour afterwards and meet you in Richfield if you can get away?? I won't have long since the kids will be home at 2:20..but maybe a quick visit?? Nothing like meeting two days in a row, huh???

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  06:15:10 AM  Show Profile
I trip over RICHARD all weekend, whom I love dearly, but never the less!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  06:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
We spend time together as a family do chores help neighbors have family time. Go to church

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Oct 01 2006 06:25:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  06:27:39 AM  Show Profile
Since I have my quilting business, weekends are just another day. My husband is off on Wednesday and Thursday, and works Saturday and Sunday. We are adjusting to this new schedule. Yes, I love him dearly, but I really like my time to quilt! Sew.......:>)

love, hugs and strawberries, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  06:48:30 AM  Show Profile
We are relatively relaxed through all 7 days, though our Saturday and Sunday are a lot more slow and easy going. We listen to the radio all day on Sunday, read the paper, go outside, sometimes just stay inside and chill together. On occassion we rent a movie and watch that after we watch Sunday Morning on CBS (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sunday Morning....)

One of the radio stations out of ST. Paul broadcasts their weekend show online, Cities97-Accoustic Sunrise-they call it, and we don't get it ont he radio so we listent o that all day on Sunday as they have is morning until Noon and then again from 5-9 they have Accoustic Sunset.

After Noon, the radio gets turned to MPR and we listen to Car Talk and Prairie Home Companion and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and all of those great weekend NPR programs.

I get stuff done too, but that is the gist of what we do ont he weekends. We went, yesterday, the 3 hours to Minneapolis to see ROb's grandparents who are 87 and 89 and stayed for 3 hours and then drove the 3 hours home. That was a fast Saturday.

Today we are going for a walk after our breakfast, then Ihave a few things I have to accomplish today, but otherwise we plan on some scrabble, the crosswords in the Star Tribune, the Opinion page (My favorite section of the paper!) and the funnies (the most relevent pages of the paper in Rob's opinion!)

WOW! THAT was a long reply....

And to answer the other thread.....Sunday is my favorite day of the week.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blog: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  09:31:33 AM  Show Profile
The local radio station here in SLC, plays a good Sunday morning show too... Breakfast With The Beatles!

I forgot to say that on Sunday I take my girls to church. I also try to keep it my day of rest...JOKE....
I love church, especially singing hymns. Sometimes I feel like it is being counter-productive...trying to get spiritually fed while trying NOT to swear at my kids during the meeting!

My weekends are tough, but it sure is nice to have my husband home 4 days a week...

Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  11:08:55 AM  Show Profile
Jenny - let's do it! I'll e-mail you...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  04:39:39 AM  Show Profile
I only get 2 weekends off per month. The zoo works us on 7 day rotations, so this weekend I had Sunday/Monday. I'll keep working, then have next Tuesday/Wednesday, count 7 more and I'm back to a nice 4 day weekend, then back to sunday/monday. Since moving here, this rotation has been cushy. In years past I never got to go to church, so this has been nice. Although working 14 day stretches with only 2 days off tucked in the middle can sometimes get a little weary.

Hubby and I spend time and doing projects together whenevrr our times off match. He usually has the typical Sat/Sun save for the occasional weekend when the zoo needs him during peak visitor season.

Sometimes he'll get all 4 days off too that will match with mine. Sometimes that's fine, sometimes I kind of enjoy the time alone.
So we'll work on projects, go to church together and go shopping in the big city. Surprizing, but he likes shopping too. When I'm off during the week, I'll sometimes make a trek to see my folks and go shopping with mom. She has gotten really good at navigating around the Raleigh/Cary/Durham cities, so since she drives, I like to pay for our lunch. It's a real joy and comfort to be able to spend time like like this with my parents as I know none of us is getting any younger!

When the sun goes down, hubby and I watch t.v. together, read and enjoy the nightly bowl of ice cream.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  11:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Saterday is usualy a family work day since the man with the muscles is home. We run to the dump, clean up the yard, do repairs, cut fire wood. Sunday is a slow morning with church in the afternoon.

Annab, you are near me! I'm in Vass. We love your zoo, what do you do there? My Mama use to live in Asheboro and we went to the zoo like other people go to the park.

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  11:58:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi I am up the road from you two I live 30 miles NE of greensboro.
Saturday is the day I get up at 3:30-4:00 AM to go to the farmers market to sell .My husband stays home with the kids. I am home by 1:30 and usually squeeze in a nap but the day is still filled with farm chores too because My husband who works off the farm M-F is home to do the things I can't do by myself. Sunday is church day and we still do some chores too. We usually try to take a nap that day too

My Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
]
My blog http://www.epicourier.com/Garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  08:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
My week is flip flopped. I work usually on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. I don't much care for night shift but I love having Monday thru Friday day off. It gives me alot more flexibility to run kids to and fro and also to implement a way to make a living at home and hopefully someday to 'retire' from the hospital life.

Sarah
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic how do your weekends 'differ' ... ? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page