JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  09:00:49 AM  Show Profile
well girls, guess who's back. it's me jo. i finally got to get back on here. first off my old comp. completely fried lol! so i got this one from my mil. alot has happened since i was on here. i am single!!! boohoo!!! also, my hubby decided on another woman??? oh well!!! have had it rough for quite awhile, and still am. never the less, i am doing ok! i had a lot of garden vegs. this yr. i am making salsa today. and i have pumpkins to cut up for pies, plus a wedding coming up oct.7th. my son's., sooooo what a lot of things going on in my life eh? since i have been able to get on line with u all . i have missed the forums, so will get caught up hopefully now that i am back, took me awhile to figure out how to get back on lol! sooo good to be back love from jo!

love is all you need

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  09:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Jo! I have been gone awhile too. I am so sorry to here of you and your husband. My heart and big hugs go out to you.
I have been making salsa too. Today is applesause day.
It will be good chatting with you again! Many blessings! Julia

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  09:35:02 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back to the group.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  1:29:41 PM  Show Profile
thankyou girls, for the welcome, the salsa i made turned out lovely! i love making it. i don't take the seeds out do any of you? i found it turns out just as good if i don't. i just let it drain through a colander (i call it a holy bowl) lol!!! as i'm not good at spelling tee hee!! for a while, and it is alot easier! i put pretty country patterened material on the tops of them, and tied it with rafia! looks sooo nice. i may bang up a batch of soap too, i need a few more supplies though!, friends here are after the shampoo bars, and i am all out! yikes.!!! with all the stuff going on in my life i have been loosing interest, but gettin into it some now! my husband's mom gave me this comp. she is really upset over her son doing this to me~ and she and i will remain friends. well, i'll tune in tomorrow to see about the seeds in salsa lol! love from jo~~~~~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  1:35:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello Jocelyn, nice to hear from you...I am very new just since August but love every minute and every one on these sites.....I have never made salsa, but want to try that and chutney......So welcome back to the folds of FarmGirls...who love you....:)>> :)

margie
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  4:26:39 PM  Show Profile
thanks margie, it is sooo good to be back. i thought i'd go silly without a computer.the salsa is sooo good and i hear some people just buy the can tomatoes and make it. i get the salsa sauce mix it's dry,& in a package, "BERNARDS" i think it is called it is so easy i always add a can of tomatoe paste to mine, although it doesn't call for it, but i do anyways and it is lovely.i get the mild pk. of the mix, u can get a hotter one i believe,if u prefer. i don't seed the tomatoes either, i have loads from my garden. i don't know how it would be done with can ones. i always put celery, green pepper, and onion, plus minced garlic, 1 to 2 tsps. and also i put some sweet bazil from my herb garden in it. about two to three pinches. i just peel the toms. and cut them up small as i can then i mash them in one of those colanders( bowls with holes! lol! my neighbor seeds all of hers but, wayyyyy too much work. and not necessary! anyways u should try it, it is to die for! i love it on alot of stuff, and the boughten stuff just don't cut it. good luck if u try it, if u do i'd like to know how u make out with it? love from jo~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  6:23:44 PM  Show Profile
welcome home jo ... 'the best is yet to be' gurlfren! we're all here for you! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  07:55:11 AM  Show Profile
thankyou franny , i don't know how i survived all this time without a comp, thanks to al's mom she gave this one to me . she got a brand newie! this one isn't all that old either.i am doing alot better now. i also don't know how i survived all the abuse i was taking all last yr.from u know who?. i must be a dah!!!! lol! anyways i am doing good? and things will get better, i have soooo many wonderfull friends, on line, and here, also my family are close by. so i'm hapenen! love u all! hope to be on here throughout the cold lonely winter evenings to chat with everyone. by by love from jo~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  11:22:08 AM  Show Profile
My salsa turned out well, too. Last night the fam asked it I woudl make some ketchup since I have tomatoes coming out my ears. So a batch is simmering in the oven as we speak. It smells sooooooo good!
Glad your mil is being so great and supportive. Good on her!
Hugs to you!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  2:48:51 PM  Show Profile
i am glad your salsa turned out good julia, mine did too, i may have some befor to long here lol! i love it. yeh my mil. is soooo upset with her son for doing to me what he's done, but what to do eh? i hope in time things will get even better for me ,i am having a bad evening though, maybe because it is friday nite and everyone is together. but me. i am here in this noah's ark all alone! i feel like ever since i've gotten this house i have been ending up in it alone, my first husband dies 1993, then the two boys all went out the door, now this! al and i were together 12 yrs. now here i am alone again. oh well! have a batch of shampoo bars on setting, i hope it turns out ok as i can't really afford for it not to, tee hee!!! the stuff isn't cheap, (supplies i mean) well girls enough of my feeling sorry for me night, what do u put in your salsa julia? it is soooo much better then store bought eh?love from jo!

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic HI I AM BACK Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page