Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Here we go again- rescued a kitten meet Willie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Here we go again- rescued a kitten meet Willie Next Topic  

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  3:45:39 PM  Show Profile
Last Thursday the last pup left for its new home. I was down to Darla and the 2 pups I am keeping.Friday morning I left to run errands and had only traveled 2 miles and noticed something very small in the middle of the road ahead. A truck ahead of me roared right past it and it blew off the road. I stopped and found a very starved, weak kitten who couldn't even walk right. He was on his last leg. I thought to myself who threw this poor little thing away.

I put him in a towel and went home and sobbed the whole way I could hardly see the road. I put him in a dog kennel in the house with kitty litter, goat milk, cat food and water. He drank and ate and then layed on his bed. I had to leave and go to town to go to the bank and the post office. I had to get some letters out asp. I wondered if he would pull through. I rushed back home and he already had more energy. He has been eating and drinking well ever since. I gave me a bath because he smelled weird from being in the ditch. He has gained weight and now weighs 2 lbs. He sure is a cutie and loves to sleep under my chin.I loved him as soon as I picked him up... I am not kidding I know that sounds crazy. He is so sweet and wonderful.
I can't believe the truck ahead of me almost mashed him.Thank goodness he wasn't hurt in that way.

One door closed on finding homes for the pups and then a new door opened 24 hours later and now I have another kitten.Weird how things work like that.I now have 6 dogs and 8 cats. This has been a busy year for taking on rescue animals. My mom thinks I am crazy but I can't walk away from a animal thats in trouble.... I just can't do it.

Meet my new kitten Wee Willie.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Aug 17 2012 3:48:43 PM

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  3:50:13 PM  Show Profile
awwwww ... Wille you are a lucky boy! You are so sweet to take care of all those throw aways! I have 9 that have been thrown away. And I love them all!

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  4:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for saving Willie. Oh! what a handsome boy he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God for people like you.
Like Teri, all of my cats and the dogs that I have had were all drop offs/thrown aways. Again, I would love to be the animal police. I say that often.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  8:19:32 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean. All my cats and dogs except my pyrenese are all rescues. I have lost count over the years of how many there have been. I wish we had the animal police in our county. Its pretty sad but we don't have much of anything. As I type this Willie is sleeping in my lap. I just love this little kitten.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Aug 17 2012 8:21:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  8:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Linda.. he knows you are his mama... Snuggle up to him & enjoy! Fall is coming.. Nothing like a sweet snuggle bunny to warm you on those cool nights....
What does Tucker think??
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  8:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Tucker cannot stand him. He growls at him and tries to swat him. I tried to tell Tucker that he came to us in the same way. I don't think he is listening...lol. I guess over time it will get better.My fat cat Cleo seems to like him pretty well. She is always pretty excepting of the new kittens.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  8:39:04 PM  Show Profile
You must be an earth angel for discarded animals. How sweet of you to care for so many. I don't understand how anyone can just throw away a living creature like that. Bless you for taking them in and showing them the love they deserve. They give it back ten-fold.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7586 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7586 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  10:27:18 PM  Show Profile
You are a special person and Wee Willie knows that and will love you for that. He is a beautiful kitty and has an angel to sit on.
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

rschaaf
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Renee
Wooster Ohio
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  08:02:29 AM  Show Profile
bless you! you sound alot like me. we have a similar story with one of our cats i rescued. shes doing great over a year later.
glad to know there are still good hearted souls in this world. best of luck with little willie! :-)

"There is beauty, there is grace, in my peaceful country place!"

See what I'm up to at: http://www.lifeonctfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crittergranny
True Blue Farmgirl

1096 Posts

Laura
Lindrith NM
USA
1096 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  1:06:42 PM  Show Profile
Pretty kitten too!
Laura

Horse poor in the boonies.

www.nmbarrelhorses.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7586 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7586 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:02:38 PM  Show Profile
Mary Jane's Farm sister's are awesome!

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:11:56 PM  Show Profile
Linda, he is so cute.He's a lucky little fella for sure. He and you both were at the right place at the right time.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  4:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
If he isn't just CUTE!!!!
Enjoy him!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  8:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
He is adorable! I am so glad you found him and that he wasn't hurt. Poor little guy! He sure is lucky!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wff7Xpc/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  07:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for all the sweet and wonderful comments. Willie is now up to 2 1/2 lbs. He is really starting to run through the house like a little horse. He is quite vocal and talks to me when I first wake up in the morning. We sure have been having fun with the little guy.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7586 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7586 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  07:47:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh he is so happy for his wonderful new safe home and he ought to be fun to watch all his firsts...Oh how sweet and lucky he found you....
Your awesome.

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  4:32:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh my - he's a cutie and a very blessed kitty boy... God bless you for all you do.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  5:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Love wee willie. He is a cutie....

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  5:52:20 PM  Show Profile
He is the cutest lil kitty! I think Diane said it best.....you are an earth angel for discarded animals. Bless you for taking in animals in need and giving them a loving home!

Emily
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Here we go again- rescued a kitten meet Willie Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page